In a new promo for the “DWTS” episode that airs on Oct. 28, ABC reveals that a “big surprise” is in store. Fans are wondering what the shocker could be. On Monday, Christina Milian, a past competitor that was shockingly eliminated, appeared on “Good Morning America” to weigh in on tonight’s big surprise and what the remaining eight celebrities and their pro partners could possibly face.
Milian hinted that not one, but two stars could be eliminated tonight. Due to phone numbers being improperly displayed, “Dancing with the Stars” decided to forgo any elimination last week. Instead, the judges’ and audience votes from last week will be combined with those from this week. However, two celebrities could very likely be sent home because the show is on a tight schedule.
Jack Osbourne/Cheryl Burke and Bill Engvall/Emma Slater landed in the bottom two last week and stood in the spotlight at the end of the show. All four were excited when Tom Bergeron explained the situation and said that no one was going home. “GMA” revealed on Oct. 28 that Burke was ready to say her goodbyes to Jack, but was thrilled to learn that they survived to dance another day. Emma Slater said on Monday, “I think they did the right thing.” Concerning this week, Bill Engvall added, “With the lack of elimination, we’re not sure if there will be one or two eliminations tonight.”
According to an ABC press release on Media Net, the remaining eight couples will perform two dances in two rounds on Monday night. In the first round, each couple will take on a dance style they have not previously performed including the Salsa, Quickstep, Samba, Cha Cha, Paso Doble, and Jive. In the second round, the cast will dance together in two separate teams, with each couple having a featured solo. At the end of the night, one or two couples will face elimination.
Below is the combined leaderboard after two rounds of competition on Oct. 21.
- Elizabeth Berkley and Val Chmerkovskiy: 30 + 2 = 32
- Amber Riley and Derek Hough: 28 + 4 = 32
- Brant Daugherty and Peta Murgatroyd: 28 + 3 = 31
- Snooki Polizzi and Sasha Farber: 27 + 3 = 30
- Leah Remini and Tony Dovolani: 27 + 1 = 28
- Corbin Bleu and Karina Smirnoff: 23 + 4 = 27
- Jack Osbourne and Cheryl Burke: 25 + 2 = 27
- Bill Engvall and Emma Slater: 23 + 1 = 24
As of Oct. 28, here’s a look at the combined “DWTS” leaderboard after six weeks of competition, the official halfway point:
- Amber Riley: 27 + 24 + 24 + 27 + 26 + 32 = 160
- Elizabeth Berkley: 24 + 25 + 25 + 27 + 26 + 32 = 159
- Corbin Bleu: 24 + 26 + 26 + 27 + 28 + 27 = 158
- Brant Daugherty: 22 + 23 + 27 + 21 + 27 + 31 = 151
- Snooki Polizzi: 23 + 20 + 25 + 24 + 27 + 30 = 149
- Jack Osbourne: 23 + 24 + 22 + 24 + 27 + 27 = 147
- Leah Remini: 21 + 24 + 24 + 24 + 22 + 28 = 143
- Bill Engvall: 18 + 21 + 24 + 21 + 24 + 24 = 132
To see a recap of all the dances from Oct. 21, be sure to watch the video above and to the left.
New episodes of “DWTS” air at 8 p.m. EST (7 p.m. CST) on Monday nights on ABC.
Do you want to stay in-the-know? Then sign up to get my articles personally delivered to your in-box. Just click on SUBSCRIBE, and you’ll stay up-to-the-minute with the latest “DWTS” news.