Looking to fly from Maui (OGG) or Oahu to Bangkok, Thailand? Consider United Airlines.
United Airlines flies from Honolulu (HNL) to Bangkok (BKK) with a stop-over in Tokyo (NRT). It’s not a long layover (three hours), but gives you enough time to walk the airport terminal in Tokyo and try some of their incredibly spicy cuisine at several food places.
Priced around $1,100.00 during high season (November – March), United Airlines offers one of the quickest ways to get to Bangkok from Honolulu, and also flies to Phuket and Chiang Mai. Often, there are vacation deals offered by United Airlines, along with specials by Delta Airlines and Korean Airlines.
Korean Airlines gives you a lay-over in Seoul, while China Airlines has a lay-over in Taipei. Look carefully at the amount of time you’ll be sitting in the airport, as their lower fares may not be all that attractive if you are sitting in a foreign airport for six or eight hours.
- United Airlines flights leave Honolulu about 10 a.m. and arrives into Bangkok around 11 p.m. the next day.
- When looking at flights from Honolulu to anywhere in Asia, remember you’ll be crossing the International Date Line about 6 hours out of Honolulu. The change in day is just over American Samoa.
- While Korean Airlines and China Airlines might be $100.00 cheaper, your arrival into Bangkok will be in the early morning hours after midnight. It might be worth the extra money to pay for an earlier arrival with less time spent in a long lay-over in Seoul or Taipei.
- On long flights, book early and get an aisle seat. It will allow you to get up when you want, and walk a bit down the aisle to the restroom and keep the circulation going in your legs.
- Drink a lot of water before boarding the flight and during the flight. Staying hydrated is very important on long international flights.
Remember. If you’re traveling to Thailand from Maui, you’ll first need to fly from Kahului (OGG) to Honolulu (HNL). Hawaiian Airlines, Mokulele Airlines, Go! Airlines, and Island Air are you only choices. Rates for round-trip tickets are from $140.00 to $175.00.
Travel, Top 10 Lists, Polls Only & Homemade Food!
The Hawaiian island of Maui is an incredible island to visit, and Waikiki is one of the most famous beaches. Also, Honolulu airport is the “gateway” to Bangkok, one of the most visited cities in the world.
Lists & Polls Of Everything! Look at Top 10 Lists and also voice your opinion at Polls Only.
Love Delicious Homemade Food? Check-out the “Homemade Gurus” at Homemade Pizza and Homemade Mexican food. They have delicious recipes.
Top 10 Maui Restaurants.
- Mama’s Fish House is one of the most well-known restaurants on Maui.
- In Lahaina Town, try Lahaina Grill. It’s one of the best restaurants on Maui.
- Merriman’s Hawaiian Restaurant in Kapalua has won many awards for outstanding food.
- The Pineapple Grill in Kapalua is a popular, upscale restaurant popular with locals and tourists alike.
- On the west side of Maui, try Star Noodle. It’s one of the most popular restaurants on the island.
- The Plantation House in Kapalua offers an excellent fine dining experience.
- Sarento’s On The Beach in the Kihei area of Maui is always recognized for outstanding food and service.
- Hali’ imaile General Store has pleased customers since opening in 1988 with its upcountry location.
- Japengo At The Maui Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa is a recent addition to the Top 10 Restaurants on Maui.
- Roy’s in Ka’anapali has consistently been one of the top restaurants on Maui, Hawaii.
Maui’s Top Attractions.
- Haleakala National Park lets you visit one of the most rare sights in the world at over 32,000 feet.
- The Road To Hana takes a full day but is one of the most famous drives in the world.
- One of the wettest and most beautiful valleys on all the Hawaiian islands is at Iao Valley.
- Visit 7 Sacred Pools (Ohe’o Gulch) past Hana on the far windward side of Maui.
- A “must-see” beach is Big Beach at Makena State Park on the southwest side of Maui, Hawaii.
- Lahaina Town & Banyan Tree on the west side of Maui is a historic whaling town with much to see.
- Stroll through gardens with over 45 varieties of lavender at the Ali’i Kula Lavender Farm.
- One of Maui’s top-rated family attractions in the Maui Ocean Center.
- Maui Tropical Plantation offers rides through a tropical plantation and has a fun zipline.
- The Sugar Museum is located on Hawaii’s largest working sugar factory.
- Tedeschi Winery produces wine from Maui-grown grapes at the Ulupalakua Ranch.
- Surfing Goat Dairy has world-class cheese made upcountry in a unique setting.