Skull and Bones Entertainment brings the first Jacksonville Festival of Horror to Brewsters Megaplex on September 21, featuring celebrity guests Mark Patton, Steve Dash, Triston Johnson and L. Gustavo Cooper. Details below.
Wednesday, September 4. Dark Arts Bazaar at Art Walk. 5 to 9 p.m. Midtown Deli & Cafe, 100 N. Laura Street. Featuring oddities and curious creations by Jacksonville’s most unique artists.
Friday, September 6. Ryan Black’s Tension Release Party. Local comic book artist unveils the first issue of TENSION! Enjoy Dark Matter shots, purchase the comic and view original Tension art. Click here for more about Tension. King Street Studios, 600 King Street. 7:00 to 11:00 p.m. FREE!
Friday, September 15. Pandemic’s The Haunting of School House 4 opens. 8 p.m. Fri/Sat tickets $20. Thu/Sun tickets $18. Cutter RIP pass (front of line access) $30. 11112-28 San Jose Boulevard.
Saturday, September 21. Jacksonville Festival of Horror, Jacksonville’s own horror convention celebrates horror movie history, bringing together national and local talent at Brewsters Megaplex. Celebrity guests, vendors, artists, a costume contest, horror gaming tournaments, and live music. $20. Click here to purchase tickets. Doors open 2 p.m. Monster Burger will be set up outside starting at 4 p.m.
- Mark Patton, (Jesse in “A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy’s Revenge”)
- Steve Dash (masked Jason in “Friday, the 13th, Part 2”)
- Triston Johnson (who appeared in “Vampire Diaries” and “The Walking Dead”)
- Award-winning director L. Gustavo Coper
- International attraction designers Themed Attraction Design
- Horror artist Jerrod Brown
- Infected toy master Germ Spider Designs
- Professional celebrity makeup artist Hillary Warren
- Horror author David Atkins
- Jacksonville’s only 3D haunt Haunt Nights
- Pandemic’s The Haunting of School House 4
- The Dungeons The Hoard haunted house
- Horror icon and gothic jewelry and novelty items from Cariz Creationz
- Clothing from JaxSINville Sinwear
- Horror and creative photography from San Gato Photography
- Bone and gemstone jewelry from The Bone Mistress
- Special effects makeup, prop building, and graphic design from Matchstick Ink
- Atomic Fate
- Bath Salt Zombies
For more on Jacksonville’s amazing horror talents, click here.
Friday, September 27. (Project Z) Zombie Fest. DJ’s (Andres Fresko, EEXEE, Dj Stilo), bands (ENDO, Denied Til Death, Surviving September), performers, stilt walkers (including Darkstiltwalker and Lady Mekaella DeMure), zombie costume contest with amazing prizes and more! 18+ to party and 21+ to drink. Wristband prepaid $10, at the door $20; VIP wristband prepaid $25, at the door $45. Free zombie makeover for the first 50 VIP. Brewsters Megaplex. Doors open at 7:00 pm.
Friday, September 27. Dungeons’ The Horde opens. 2493 Florida 16, Green Cove Springs. Tickets $15, or VIP Scream Pass for $25.
Friday, October 4. Haunt Nights – Apocalypse 3D opens. $12.99. Adventure Landing, 1944 Beach Boulevard, Jacksonville Beach, 11 p.m.
Friday, October 11. Haunt Nights – All 3 Haunts open: Apocalypse 3D, Dark Fables, and, new this year, CarnieVille. $18.99 combo ticket or $22.99 combo + attraction. Discounted group rates available. Adventure Landing, 1944 Beach Boulevard, Jacksonville Beach, 11 p.m.
Saturday, October 12. World Zombie Day 2013 Charity Walk. Downtown Jax. Details to follow.
Saturday, October 26. Thrill the World 2013. Details to follow.
NOW SHOWING AT THEATERS
The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones
World War Z
The World’s End
COMING SOON TO THEATERS
Riddick (Sept. 6)
Insidious: Chapter 2 (Sept. 13)
RECENT HORROR DVD RELEASES
Under the Bed
Would You Rather
No One Lives
UPCOMING HORROR DVD RELEASES
The Lords of Salem (Sept. 3)
Cockneys vs. Zombies (Sept. 3)
The Black Waters of Echo’s Pond (Sept. 10)
Frankenstein’s Army (Sept. 10)
World War Z (Sept. 17)
Hidden in the Woods (Sept. 17)
V/H/S 2 (Sept. 24)
Apartment 1303 (Sept. 24)
I Spit on Your Grave 2 (Sept. 24)
Inbred (Sept. 24)