Samsung recently announced Galaxy Gear, Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition for the U.S. with availability beginning in October! Galaxy Gear extends the Galaxy Note 3* experience to your wrist and offers real time updates for quick and easy access. The sleek wearable device boasts of a full metal body design and a comfortable strap. Connected to the Note 3 via low power Bluetooth® (Bluetooth 4.0), Galaxy Gear allows for discreet notifications, hands-free calling, music control, and S Voice™ access in addition to a whole slew of outstanding features. Thanks to Samsung, those who desire the best of the best of technology that serves as a personal assistant, or something that one can count on in order to perform at the maximum level, can now obtain or gift the best tech gift for the upcoming holidays.
Are the new Samsung Galaxy Gear, Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Note 10.1 worth it, and will they deliver what they say they will? Be sure to come back soon in a month or so for an up close and personal review of its product highlights and specs. For now, many technology enthusiasts feel Samsung’s smartphones and tablets are worth every penny. After the S 3 launch, smartphone users were amazed at how creative and innovative Samsung and Android can be. When the Note 2 launched, smartphone users (and iPhone fans too) were impressed at how creative and technically advanced Samsung is, because there wasn’t another phone and tablet combo out in the market! After the S4 (Purple Mirage is available exclusively at Sprint) and S 4 Active came out, smartphone users and iPhone users have been addicted to Samsung’ as creativity, innovation and constant capability of raising the bar again and again for both the mobile and tablet industry. That being said, many many users are excited about the new Galaxy Gear, Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Note 10.1, and they will be sure to make impressive holiday gifts this year!
Here are some basic product specs of the new Galaxy Gear, Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Note 10.1 to get yourselves geared up for the holiday tech “wish-list.”
New Mobile Experience: The Galaxy Gear paired with the Galaxy Note 3 intelligently connects and shares information and content between the two devices. The Galaxy Gear and Note 3 innovative connectivity features include:
- Smart Relay: Quick Glance Notifications alert you of incoming calls, messages, and more on the Galaxy Gear. When you pick up the Note 3, it will intuitively open the appropriate application to save you time.
- Smart Lock: You can set-up your device to automatically unlock or lock Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear. As soon as you walk outside of a 5-foot radius of your Note 3, Galaxy Gear will automatically lock the smartphone.
- Find My Device: Galaxy Gear can be used to locate Galaxy Note 3 by remotely triggering the alarm, vibration mode, and even the light, when within Bluetooth range. The Note 3 can be used to locate Galaxy Gear in the same way.
- Gear Manager: An application to manage and personalize Gear directly from the Galaxy Note 3 – for example, users can change the clock face and customize notification alerts.
- Pedometer: Keep track of all your steps with the built in pedometer.
- Easy Set-up: Pair your Galaxy Gear with your Galaxy Note 3 by simply tapping your phone to the Galaxy Gear’s charger, which uses NFC to pair the devices via Bluetooth.
Galaxy Note Family Experience: Samsung continues the evolution of its Note category with the Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition. Samsung defined the large-screen smartphone category with the introduction of the Galaxy Note in 2011 and has continued to refine the experience as we expanded the portfolio to bring the S Pen experience to tablets. Crafted with a sophisticated design and a soft-textured back, Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition lead the way in premium smartphone and tablet performance. With exceptional functionality, the new and refined Note family and S Pen™ experiences include:
- Air Command: Provides instant access to S Pen features, including Action Memo, Scrapbooker, Screen Write, S Finder and Pen Window.
- Scrapbook: An easy and functional way to use the S Pen to grab and store videos, photos and clips from Web pages that are linkable back to the original online source.
- Action Memo: Quickly take a note and instantly take action. For example, call/text/save a contact on Note 3, send an email, look up an address, search the web or add to your To-Do list.
- S Finder: Allows you to search the entire device (including handwritten notes and settings), connected accounts and the web through key words or handwritten symbols.
- Advanced Multi Window: Enhanced so users can drag and drop between the two open windows. Multi Window now allows certain apps to be activated at the same time in both windows.
- Pen Window: Use the S Pen to draw a window, which opens a selection of applications, and then minimize it to hover on any screen as you navigate the device.
- My Magazine: A visual, personalized interface to get the latest news, social and localized content.
- Wake-up Command: S Voice is now always on and active, ready for voice input to control your Note.
Featuring a beautiful 5.7-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display, Galaxy Note 3 provides breathtaking visuals and crystal clear detail. Powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon® 800 quad-core processor, and running Android™ 4.3, the new Galaxy Note smartphone is packed with the latest innovations introduced on the Galaxy S® 4. The Galaxy Note 3 features a slim and light design, at 8.3mm thin and 168 grams, and packs a powerful 3,200 mAh battery.
Galaxy Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition redefines the tablet experience with a 10.1-inch WQXGA 2560 x 1600 Super Clear LCD display, resulting in brighter colors, more vivid text and more lifelike graphics. Featuring an Exynos® 5420 quad-core processor, users will enjoy faster web browsing and multitasking with rich HD graphics for the best gaming experience. Consumers can experience a premium audio experience with Dolby® 5.1 Surround Sound right from the Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition when connected to your home theater. Samsung’s new Multi User Mode makes sharing the Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition easy by allowing the owner to create up to eight additional user profiles that can be customized with connected accounts and apps. Each user gets a customized experience with personal information that can’t be accessed by anyone else.
The Galaxy Note 3, the Galaxy Gear and the Galaxy Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition will be available in the U.S. in October. AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless and US Cellular will carry the Galaxy Note 3. Each carrier will announce specific availability, color choices and timing. Galaxy Gear will be also available through carrier channels. Samsung Experience Shops in Best Buy as well as Amazon, Fry’s, h.h. Gregg, RadioShack, Sam’s Club, Walmart and Wirefly.com will carry the Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear.
Galaxy Gear will be available in Jet Black, Oatmeal Beige, Rose Gold, Wild Orange, Lime Green and Mocha Gray. Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition will be available in Jet Black and Classic White.
The Galaxy Note 3 will offer an S View Flip Cover with a larger window for more functionality, including the ability to take a photo using the S View window, control your music, or take a quick note through the window with your finger or S Pen. It will be available in an array of colors, including Black, White, Wild Orange and Blush Pink.