The patient’s life, not just the diet, exercise and avoiding toxins. Whether a patient stays proactively healthy has more to do with what is going on in their life than their health regime. Even the self-healing, health conscious who spend a fortune in CAM healers, sleep eight hours and drink their daily greens can suffer from disease.
Instead of the usual medical history, family history and medication history
- Is there anything keeping you from being the authentic vital you?
- What do you love and celebrate about yourself?
- Are you in a romantic relationship? Are you happy? If not do you wish you were?
- Are you fulfilled at work?
- In touch with your life purpose?
- Are you sexually satisfied?
- Do you express yourself creatively? How?
- Do you feel financially healthy?
- If you had a fairy godmother and she could change one thing in your life, what would it be?
Lisa Rankin changed her inpatient forms and reveals her startling revelations as a doctor in her book, Mind Over Medicine.
Patients are unhealthy because, they were gut-wrenchingly lonely or in bad relationships, stressed by work or lack of it, or freaked out about finances, things that had nothing to do with eating more veggies, becoming more physically active or vitamins.
Rankin began asking two “mother lode” questions to her patients
What do you think is at the root of your illness, and what does your body need in order to heal? Her patients answered with things like, “I think I’ll try craniosacral therapy instead of physical therapy,” “I”ll try changing my diet instead of that new cholesterol drug,” “I really need an antidepressant,” or “an antibiotic should do the trick,” “I need to get my hormones balanced,” or “lose 20 pounds.”
More than anything the answers were insightful
- “I give till I’m depleted,”
- “I’m miserable in my marriage,”
- “I hate my job,”
- “I need more ‘me’ time,”
- “I’m lonely and I cry myself to sleep every night,”
- “I’m out of touch with my life purpose,”
- “I can’t forgive myself for what I’ve done,”
- “I need to meditate,”
- “I’m lonely and need to make more friends,”
- “I need to tell my spouse I’m having an affair,”
- “I need to love myself, and/or stop being a pessimist.”
The self-healing that came for patients because of the insight
“Some patients weren’t ready to do what their body’s told them, some needed time to get used to the new inpatient form information that was brought out by the doctor. Some needed time to recognize a new self-healing paradigm.
The brave patients made radical changes-quit jobs, moved to new cities, got divorces, some pursued life-long dreams. After they made the changes another miraculous thing happened, patient’s long lists of illnesses disappeared and patients had healed themselves,” with Dr. Rankin acting as the catalyst for the changes.
Health induced changes produced physiological changes
Your freedom and your spiritual connection, and your connection to those in your life depend on how supportive those people are of you. Fulfilling work, life partners and life in the positive optimizes the “relaxation response,” and negates stress and how you perceive it.
Doctors and CAM healers can be proactive in their patient’s lives
1. By taking more time to talk and get involved,
2. “Be the change,” the patients need.
3. Sometimes healing is just saying it out loud and recognizing it.
4. Sometimes allowing for that time and space in the doctor’s office is all their busy lives will allow to slow down to acknowledge, accept and confront, make choices and to heal.
It’s not enough just to focus on the body
“A healthy spiritual life of oneness, and healthy life creates the outflow of healthy sex life, your relationships, your work, and has the power to stress you or create and empower you.”
There will always be medical technology
There will always be patients using that technology. But illness that is started in the mind and ignored, and is producing signs and symptoms in the body, with the help of a proactive doctor or healer and right type of inpatient form can take the time to dig a little deeper and find the root of the problem in the patient’s life and let the healing begin.
To get the latest updates from Atlanta Holistic Health Examiner ‘click’ the subscribe button above. To view her body of articles ‘click’ National Holistic Health Examiner, or Atlanta Fishing Examiner.