Only 30 minutes away from San Juan, or 12 minutes away from Ceiba, you may fly to Culebra Island off the east coast of Puerto Rico. Sometimes you tell yourself, “I need a break”, “I want to get away.”, or “Need a vacation.” In reality, you don’t have to think about it that much.
This natural paradise is one of the most visited and admired places in Puerto Rico by tourist from all over the world. Culebra was recently selected as one of the Caribbeans’ best secrets. It has one of the 10 world best beaches and it’s a great place to enjoy a serene, quiet and unique environment. Culebra has everything you need to make your vacation unforgettable.
Off the east coast of Puerto Rico, north of Vieques Island, Culebra provides a lot of activities that satisfy all kinds of tourists.
Here we present our recommendations for those one to three or more days travelers.
For the one-day traveler:
- Visit Flamenco Beach. You will enjoy white sands, soft breeze and you can take the iconic picture on a tank right at the edge of the water, a reminder of it use as a US Navys’ shooting range until 1975.
- Has a great camping site with kiosks in which you will enjoy typical Puerto Rican food and find anything you need for a perfect day at the beach.
For the two-day traveler:
- Hike to Carlos Rosario Beach and do some spectacular snorkeling. Carlos Rosario beach is part of the Natural Wildlife Reserve and the marine life is abundant.
- Enjoy one of our emblematic sunsets in Tamarindo or Melones Beach which are facing west with Luis Peña Kay in the horizon.
- At nightfall, enjoy Culebras’ culinary scene. The Island houses over 10 restaurants that offer great cuisine and some of them have a vast wine selection and signatures cocktails. Then just relax and enjoy the stars.
- Walk around the town, Dewey, buy some souvenirs and then enjoy Flamenco Beach until it’s time to leave.
For the three or more days travelers:
Enjoy the recommendations above but upgrade it with:
- Kayaking and snorkeling tours
- Bike rides
- Visit the Historic Museum of Culebra
- Visit Zoní or Punta Soldado Beach
- Do some sunset yoga
- Swim with sea turtles in Culebrita
- Hike to Culebrita Lighthouse
- Hike to Playa Brava
- Visit Luis Peña Kay
There is no passport needed to fly to Puerto Rico if you are a U.S. Citizen and many have discover this unique piece of paradise that is right at your reach.
For more information visit: www.enculebra.com