Brownies are that one dessert choice that is held like a cookie but has the texture of a cake. They are delicious squares of chocolate goodness that is rich in flavor, dense as well as gooey in texture that has hands reaching out for them before the last one is taken from the tray.
- 2 sticks of butter
- ½ cup of unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 cup of flour
- ½ cup of chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325’.
- Grease a baking pan with some additional softened butter. (8 x 8)
- In a small sauce pan melt the butter and chocolate together over a low flame while stirring constantly.
- Once the mixture is completely melted, remove immediately from the stove.
- Add the sugar and stir in well.
- Then add the eggs and vanilla and stir the brownie batter until smooth.
- Include the flour and mix until it is all incorporated into the chocolate brownie batter.
- Add the chopped nuts if so desired.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake in the oven for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely.
- Don’t cut into squares for at least 2 hours after they cool down.
- Place the brownie squares on a platter and serve.
Jackson residents can shop at any of these local grocery stores: Pick’n Save or Wal-mart for all the ingredients needed for this recipe.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
If you found this article informative, click the Subscribe button to receive email updates when a new article is published. It’s free! Follow Beverly on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
More reading topics from this author:
Find more recipes and cooking tips with easy step-by-step instructions visit me at Jackson Cooking Examiner. For fun, crafty, holiday, events, tips and tricks and education stories to enjoy join me at Home and Living Examiner. Interested in health issues, recalls, medical conditions and tips and tricks for a healthier lifestyle follow me to Healthy Living Examiner. Looking for celebrity news, scoops, pop culture, events, attractions and entertainment stories follow the Jackson Celebrity Examiner.