In the Community Organizer mode…
The Oklahoma Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training has found itself in hot water with the state’s Muslim population, claiming that certain law enforcement training is being conducted by “anti-Muslim extremists,” as reported by the Associated Press via the Greenwich Times (of Connecticut) on Oct. 28, 2013.
Adam Soltani, the Director of the Oklahoma branch of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) accuses the presenters of a state accredited law enforcement seminar of being “anti-Muslim extremists.”
The offending seminar, “Iran, Hezbollah and the Drug Cartels: Counterterrorism Considerations,” is sponsored by the Oklahoma House of Representative’s Counterterrorism Caucus, founded by Rep. John Bennett (R-Sallisaw), who the AP describes as “a Marine Corps veteran and fierce critic of Sharia Law.”
The AP went on to flatly state that “outspoken critics of Islam’s religious law are on Friday’s agenda.”
Released in a written statement, CAIR’s Soltani stated:
Such a substantial and worthwhile topic should not become a propaganda tool in the hands of anti-Muslim extremists.
According to the CAIR Oklahoma official website, Soltani personally has no law enforcement background or experience, however, he is well versed in the following:
- As a graduate from the University of Central Oklahoma, his studies focused on sociology and the development of an American Muslim identity.
- He has served the Muslim community in various capacities as a professional including promoting and managing American Muslim artists.
- Served as an assistant director for outreach at the Islamic Society of Greater Oklahoma City.
- Coordinated youth development programs at the Islamic Society of Edmond, OK.
- One of the founding members of the Oklahoma Chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.
The Status Of Sharia…
Oklahoma voters overwhelmingly approved a measure in 2010 that made it illegal for state or local courts to take Sharia Law or the laws of other nations into consideration when deciding cases.
The measure hasn’t been implemented in the over three year period since approved by the people due to the Oklahoma Chapter of CAIR tying the will of the people up in court.
As previously covered by ventwing.com earlier this week regarding Sharia Law in action:
- A Yemeni father was arrested for burning his 15-year-old daughter to death for staining the family honor by speaking on the telephone with her fiancé.
- An eight-year-old Yemeni child bride died from internal bleeding on her wedding night. Her husband was a 40-year-old man.
- A four-month pregnant Jordanian mother was found with her throat slit, womb cut open, and both she and her unborn child were burned. Somehow, the mother and unborn child were considered a blot on the family honor.
- A family of six, to include a 1-year-old baby, were all shot to death in Pakistan. Two of the daughters killed were separated from their husbands and living with their parents.
- A 16-year old girl in Pakistan was burned to death with acid by her parents after being caught “looking at two boys on a motorcycle.”