One of our favorite upscale chain restaurants is Seasons 52. This restaurant is one of the few that truly makes an effort to provide healthy options across the board. Rather than create a separate menu with healthy food items, Seasons 52 makes it their business to provide an entire menu of fresh and delicious options that won’t make you feel like you can’t move at the end of the meal. Don’t think that this means there is no flavor in the food at Seasons 52. Some of our favorite dishes like the Spicy Chipotle Shrimp Flatbread and the Cedar Plank Roasted Salmon have great flavor. These favorites have continued to show up on the menu even though they change it for the season. (See this link for our full review on Seasons 52 Jacksonville).
That brings us to our main topic: the new fall menu at Seasons 52. This menu incorporates season-appropriate items ingredients like butternut squash, mushrooms, Manchester Farms quail, and Subarashii Kudamono Asian pears. Of course, Seasons 52 was one of the original restaurants to offer “dessert shots” which they call Mini Indulgences. Seasons 52 has included a new signature Mini Indulgence to go along with the appetizers, entrees, and sides that are now being offered on the fall menu. Seasons 52 will also be introducing a new wine from Master Sommelier George Miliotes and Georges Duboeuf called Jolie Saison or “Pretty Season.” This wine is a premium quality Gamay that is exclusive at Seasons 52.
Here are some more specific details on what the new menu has to offer:
- Lemongrass Steamed Black Mussels: Price Edward Island mussels in Thai green chili sauce with sesame toast
- Butternut Squash Soup: served with crisp shiitake mushrooms and chives
- Organic Baby Spinach Salad: this dish features the aforementioned Subarashii Kudamono Asian pears, which are revered for their juicy and crisp texture and exceptional flavor. They are raised in a Pennsylvania orchard that is known for its traditional, heirloom style of cultivation and its wide range of varietals. The salad also includes toasted pine nuts and Gorgonzola.
- Manchester Farms Quail: We tried the quail dish multiple times last fall at Seasons 52 and we were sad to see it go when they changed to the winter menu and we are glad its back! For those who haven’t had quail, it is similar to a Cornish hen or small chicken. Manchester Farms produces is one of the premier producers of farm-raised quail in the United States and this particular menu item is stuffed with mushroom risotto and then roasted in a brick oven and served with spinach, bacon and a 15-year aged balsamic vinegar sauce.
- Maple Glazed Roasted Half-Chicken: FreeBird Chicken with roasted fall vegetables like carrots, parsnips and cippolini onions
- Brussels Sprouts with roasted garlic and Parmesan-bacon crust
- Pumpkin Pie Mini Indulgences: a shot-glass-sized desert with ginger snap crust
For more from Jacksonville Fine Dining Examiner follow us on Twitter @JaxFineDining