…Gun Owners will be reassured to know, NC legislators are upholding our Constitutional rights, the right to bear arms, Amendment II. “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a Free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” HR 63 was passed on July 17, 2013 with 73 Ayes, 35 Noes, and 12 Other. HR 63 states: “A HOUSE RESOLUTION expressing support for the preservation and defense of the constitutions of the United States and the state of NORTH CAROLINA. Whereas, the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States provides: “A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed”; and Whereas, Section 30 of Article I of the Constitution of the State of North Carolina provides: “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; and, as standing armies in time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they shall not be maintained, and the military shall be kept under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power. Nothing herein shall justify the practice of carrying concealed weapons, or prevent the General Assembly from enacting penal statutes against that practice”; and Whereas, the United States Supreme Court in recent years has twice upheld the Second Amendment as applying to an individual’s right to keep and bear arms in District of Columbia v. Heller, 128 S. Ct. 2783 (2008), and McDonald v. City of Chicago, 130 S. Ct. 3020 (2010); and Whereas, the President and Vice President of the United States, as well as members of Congress, have proposed adopting laws, regulations, or actions that would have the effect of infringing on the right of Americans to keep and bear arms; and Whereas, in the past, reasons offered in support of these infringements such as registering guns, banning certain kinds of weapons and accessories, requiring extreme background checks, and restricting concealed carry permits have not been shown by the substantial weight of scientific evidence to have been effective in accomplishing the stated objectives of such restrictions as compelling necessities for government action to protect the public safety; Now, therefore, be it resolved by the House of Representatives:
SECTION 1. The House of Representatives expresses support of the constitutional right of the people of this State to keep and bear arms and opposes any infringement by the federal government of the right of the people of this State to keep and bear arms.
SECTION 2. The Principal Clerk shall transmit a certified copy of this resolution to each member of North Carolina’s congressional delegation.
SECTION 3. This resolution is effective upon adoption.”
The House Resolution is easy to read, and upholds Amendment II, giving all citizens the right to bear arms. The Government controlled Media constantly assaults the airwaves, taking away that right or putting limits on the right to bear arms. Here are 15 reasons why I disagree with the Media.
1) Gun Laws aren’t enforced during illegal gun trafficking.
2) Guns used for illegal purposes are usually purchased at the In-My-Trunk Guns for sale.
3) Guns don’t belong under government control – the government can’t control itself.
4) Gun Laws do not stop illegal gun trafficking. Drug Laws don’t stop illegal drug trafficking.
5) Guns don’t pull the trigger, people do.
6) It’s not just a gun issue; it’s a violation of our rights given to us under the Constitution, issue.
7) Guns protect the people from a tyrannical government, hence the Founding Fathers amendment II.
8) Guns protect humans and their possessions from malevolent criminals.
9) A National Gun Registry helps the government confiscate your guns. It gives them your GPS.
10) A National Gun Registry gives illegal gun traffickers your GPS.
11) A National Gun Registry gives America’s enemies your GPS.
12) Remember Prohibition, it didn’t stop drinking. Taking away guns will not stop trafficking.
13) Taking guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens makes us vulnerable.
14) Stricter Gun Laws will not stop illegal gun trafficking. Miscreants don’t obey these laws.
15) Once Amendment II is taken away, what’s next Amendment XII? Instead of a president, we’ll have a dictator? Where do we draw the line?
If we allow the government to start editing, altering, and eliminating the infrastructure of the Constitution, there is no Constitution and there is no Liberty! The two words are synonymous. Put God back into our country, problem solved! Fix the family unit, problem solved! Fix the person behind the illegal gun, problem solved! Fix the community where the illegal gun owner lives, problem solved! Fix the reason for the illegal use of the gun, problem solved! The finger controls the metal. I agree with Wayne La Pierre when he said, “You keep your advice, we’ll keep our guns.”
“We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.”
Sometimes we have to take a stand…I stand with our Founding Fathers because Fathers know best!
PRAYER: Father God, with our Liberty, we are able to give charitably to others who are in need. All our resources are yours. Help us to lovingly-share these gifts with others. Help me to give more, and want less. Amen.