Cheesecake is a perfect dessert for the Holidays! Give Chef Eric’s recipe a try this year.
To purchase organic ingredients for this recipe, shop: Trader Joes and/or Harris Teeter
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes with Chocolate Ganache Sauce
Four – 4 ½” Cakes
- Gingersnap cookie crumbs: 1 ½ cups
- Butter, unsalted and melted: 5 Tablespoons
- Sugar: 1 Tablespoons
- Cream cheese, room temp: 24 ounces
- Sugar: 1 cup
- Pumpkin puree: 1 cup
- Eggs, large: 3 each
- Vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon, ground: 1/2 teaspoon
- Nutmeg, grated: 1/8 teaspoon
- Clove, ground: 1/8 teaspoon
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Wrap the outside of the cake pan(s) with aluminum foil. In a small bowl, mix the cookie crumbs, butter and 1 Tablespoon of sugar. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the pan(s). Bake the crust for about 5 minutes, or until slightly darkened. Remove from oven.
2. In a processor, blend the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the pumpkin, eggs, vanilla and spices. Process until smooth, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl, keeping all the ingred52ients together. Pour the filling into the crust.
3. Bake the cakes until the center is set and the edges begin to crack, about 35-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool inside the pans. For best results, allow to cool completely, then cover with a layer of Chocolate Ganache and refrigerate overnight.
4. When ready to serve, heat up additional Chocolate Ganache and drizzle over the Cheesecakes.
Chocolate Ganache Sauce
Yield: 1 ½ Cups
- Chocolate, finely chopped: 1/2 pound
- Butter, diced and room temperature: 3 Tablespoons
- Cream: 1 cup
- Light Corn Syrup: 1 ½ Tablespoons
- Vanilla: 1/2 Tablespoon
1. Place the chocolate and butter in a bowl and set aside. Heat the cream and corn syrup in a medium pot over medium-high heat until it is scalded. Remove from the heat.
2. Pour the hot cream into the bowl with the chocolate. Stir with a spoon until the chocolate is melted. Add vanilla.
3. Cover the bowl and cool until the chocolate is set. Use at room temperature. Thin with cream, if needed.
Follow Chef Eric for more delicious recipes!
PHONE: 310-470-2640 – FAX: 310-470-2642