Employees at the Jennie Stuart Medical Center in Hopkinsville, Ky., are being forced to undergo “diversity training” after an employee wore an Obama mask and a straightjacket at an annual Halloween costume party, The Blaze reported Wednesday.
The medical facility is also asking that employees refrain from wearing political, religious, ethnic and gender based Halloween costumes, Nashville’s WZTV reported.
According to The Blaze, the man wearing the mask was escorted by two individuals dressed as security officers. They performed a skit called “VIP Special Delivery,” and won third place in the costume contest.
But the skit didn’t sit too well with the facility’s vice president of human resources, who issued a memo apologizing to anyone who might have been offended.
“I think it is very, very offensive,” said C.E. Timberlake, a local pastor. “And really, that shouldn’t have happened.”
Now, all 750 employees of the facility must participate in diversity training.
It’s not the first time an Obama mask caused controversy.
In August, liberals went ballistic when a Missouri rodeo clown wore an Obama mask during an annual state fair.
As a result, officials banned the clown permanently and mandated “sensitivity training” for all contractors and subcontractors.
Tuffy Gessling, the clown involved in that incident, received death threats over the incident.
“I’ve had somebody threaten to run me over. One of them wanted to burn the house down,” he told KCTV.
The employee involved in the Kentucky incident has not been identified, and a hospital spokesperson said privacy rules prevent them from disclosing if any of the employees face punishment.
- Rodeo clown receives death threats over Obama mask
- MSNBC contributor: Obama rodeo clown a ‘modern-day lynching’
- Liberals freaking out over conservative ‘Facebook Blackout’ protest
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
- NAACP: Rodeo clown committed ‘hate crime’ by wearing Obama mask
- Flashback: Obama wore Obama mask in 2007 SNL skit, NAACP silent
- St. Louis treasurer: Disagreement with Obama is racist
- Thousands join Facebook page supporting rodeo clown Tuffy Gessling
- NAACP demands DOJ, Secret Service investigate rodeo clown incident
- Mo. State Fair bans clown for wearing Obama mask, mandates ‘sensitivty training’
- Liberals, politicians explode over rodeo clown in Obama mask chased by bulls (Video)
- Video shows child praying to Barack Obama (Video)
If you like this article, you can follow Joe on Twitter @jnewby1956, visit and like his Facebook page, or subscribe to receive email updates when a new article is published.
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe’s blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe’s articles at Right News Now, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.