The South American city coincidentally had a name representative of the situation when a Gigante, Columbia man had to have his penis surgically removed after overdosing on an erectile disfunction medication. Seems, according to a September 27, 2013 news report in the Statesman, “Man’s penis amputated after he abuses erection drug,” that his attempt to impress his girlfriend went awry. The news first was reported in the La Nacion newspaper, of how the 66-year-old had to have doctors surgically amputate his penis after reportedly overdosing on the erectile disfunction (ED) medication named in the news articles.
The other news sources picked up the story which appeared in news stories such as, The Independent and the Mirror. See the stories, “Penis ‘amputated’ after Viagra overdose leaves ageing Romeo in agony for days,” the Statesman’s September 28, 2013 article, “Man’s penis amputated after he abuses erection drug,” and The Independent’s, “Man’s penis amputated after Viagra overdose.”
Another news report describes the man not as a farmer but as a former politician. Ironically, would the dark and wry humor in the man’s obvious extreme pain, gangrene, and amputation be as strange a news story had it not happened in a Columbian, South American city named of all places, Gigante ( meaning gigantic)? See the news report, “Man has his penis amputated after deliberately overdosing on Viagra to impress his girlfriend.” Apparently, Gigante, Huila, is a tiny town in the south of Colombia, according to the news story, “South Colombia man has penis amputated after Viagra overdose.”
The news story about the Columbian farmer even appeared in the United States today in the September 29, 2013 issue of the Natural News, “Viagra overdose forces man to have his penis amputated.” The reference to gigantism as the name of the man’s city takes the reader by surprise as the story unfolds about the results of an overdose of a drug with the purpose of making the man’s penis, well larger and stronger to impress one’s girlfriend with the gigantism and related descriptions. But the overdose backfired, and the reality of gangrene shows the seriousness of one man’s unexpected reaction to a drug overdose. The lesson taught readers is clear.
It’s amazing how fast news spreads from South America to Europe and then to the USA publications as strange news. Basically, the story begins with the 66-year old Columbian farmer’s attempt to impress his girlfriend. But the overdose leads to his agony. The condition involved a constant erection for days, according to the news stories. But the stories don’t end with the doctors giving the man various medicines or nutrients to flush the drug out of his system. No, instead, what happens is what people fear the most.
The news stories report gangrene set into the man’s penis
The reason may be due to the organ being fractured and inflamed or infected. And to save the man’s life, the penis was surgically amputated — otherwise the gangrene would have spread to the rest of the man’s body. To save his life, doctors cut off his penis. The man is now recovering, news stories report. But what comes next, plastic surgery or other reconstructive surgery so the man can urinate? It bodes a lesson to anyone taking erectile disfunction (ED) remedies not to overdose.
The Natural News article names the man and reports more details such as how the man was in pain and had to go to the hospital within a few hours after taking the medicine. It teaches people a lesson not only the dangers of overdosing, but also that individuals can react differently to any given drug for any purpose. Check out the September 29, 2013 article in Natural News, “Viagra overdose forces man to have his penis amputated.”