Actress and director Bryce Dallas Howard attended the premiere of the Canon Project Imaginat10n Film Festival, held at Alice Tully Hall on October 24 in New York City with simple makeup and a perfect cat eye. The makeup artist, Gita Bass, that created Ron Howard’s daughter’s look for the event has provided the Long Island Beauty Lookbook Examiner with insight into Bryce’s red carpet face.
Celebrity makeup artist Gita Bass explained how she produced Bryce Dallas Howard’s makeup for the red carpet event, which only takes a short amount of time to recreate.
The look we were going for was young, professional but with an edge! This makeup is super easy, takes 10 minutes, but has a major impact.
Gita Bass described the process behind the 32-year-old’s flawless makeup and simple cat eye for the event.
- I prepped her face with Simple Protecting Light moisturizer, and then added a few drops of Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation in PK0.
- I then sculpted her cheekbones with Chanel Les Beiges Powder in 20, and added Le Blush Creme De Chanel in Inspiration on the apples of the cheeks.
- For extra staying power and sparkle, I dusted Nars Powder Blush in Deep Throat over the top.
- I started with Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes in Matte black and blended with a small pointed brush, correcting any mistakes with Simple Eye Makeup Remover Pads rolled into a cylinder shape. The flat edge works like a Q-tip and gives you a precise line.
- I then traced over the line with Chanel Ecriture de Chanel Liquid liner in black to create a perfect cat eye.
Bryce’s lips were the pièce de résistance of her look, and crafted with lipstick her makeup artist is crazy about.
I am obsessed with this lip color on Bryce. It’s NYX Matte Lipstick in Indie Flick mixed with Pure Red, the perfect orange red!
The short films screened at the Project Imaginat10n Film Festival, which Bryce attended, are the result of Project Imaginat10n, a photo contest that invited people to interpret ten storytelling themes through photography. Project Imaginat10n received tens of thousands of submissions, but only 91 winning photos were announced. Five celebrity directors, which included Eva Longoria, Jamie Foxx, Biz Stone, Georgina Chapman and James Murphy, and five film contest winners, separately chose ten photographs, one from each theme, to inspire their films. Ron Howard and Bryce Dallas Howard personally selected the five grand prizewinners to be part of “A Ron Howard Presentation.”
Readers can view the creative process behind the making of these films with Ron Howard, Jamie Foxx and the directors’ roundtable, which discuss the creative process of filmmaking.
Most of the makeup used on Bryce Dallas Howard can be purchased at Sephora.
© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior written permission and consent from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC, DBA ventwing.com.
The author receives no compensation from any PR Firm for the above recommendation and is not responsible for any effects, positive or negative, that may occur. Follow Deirdre on Twitter or like her Facebook fan page, Ask the Pro.