Midwestern horse lovers are galloping off to dozens of exciting competitions, shows, and other equestrian happenings for the Labor Day Weekend. Summer fairs continue, even as students prepare to return to school.
Horse happenings are plentiful for avid equestrians from Friday, August 30, through Monday, September 2..
Equestrian participants and spectators are advised to call show and event venues ahead to confirm times and other details. Last-minute changes and cancellations may occur.
Check out this array of show bills and flyers for Midwestern horse-related happenings occurring during the Labor Day Weekend:
(You can find lots more regional equestrian event listings at Mane Dates: Horsing Around in the Upper Midwest.)
- In Elkhorn, Wisconsin, the Walworth County Fairgrounds hosts Special Methods in Learning Equine Skills, Inc., for the S.M.I.L.E.S. Open Benefit Horse Show on August 30.
- Roc Stable Ranch presents a Friday night Speed Show on August 30 in Oconto Falls, Wisconsin.
- The Walworth County Boots and Saddle Club offers an Open Show on August 31 at the Walworth County Fairgrounds in Elkhorn, Wisconsin.
- From August 31 to September 1, the Badger Horse Show Association’s Open Show takes place at the Dodge County Boots and Saddle Club Grounds, in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin.
- Walenton’s Rocking “B” Ranch holds a Speed Show in Elkhorn, Wisconsin, at the Walworth County Fairgrounds on August 31 and September 1.
- Heartland Stables, in Custer, Wisconsin, welcomes the Wisconsin Ranch Horse Association for a horse show on August 31 and September 1.
- Midwest Dunarama runs from August 31 to September 2 at Double G Arena / WAHL Equestrian Center, in Sterling, Illinois.
- An All Breed Open Pleasure Horse Show, benefiting Horse-Power Healing Center, comes to Wisconsin’s Jefferson County Fairgrounds on August 31 and September 1.
- Also on August 31 and September 1, the Great Lakes Buckskin Association brings an All-Breed Horse Show to the Montcalm Fairgrounds in Greenville, Michigan.
- The Wisconsin Pony of the Americas Club ‘s Northern Chapter puts on a Ponyrama at Wisconsin’s LaCrosse County Fairgrounds on August 31 and September 1.
- On September 1, Roc Stable Ranch of Oconto Falls, Wisconsin, features Horse Pulls Gone Wild.
- The 39th Annual Linn Youth Benefit Open Horse Show is on for September 1 at the Walworth County Fairgrounds, in Elkhorn, Wisconsin.
- Also at Wisconsin’s Walworth County Fairgrounds in Elkhorn, the Rick Welch Memorial Dances with Horses Drill Team Competition steps off on September 2.
- Finally, the Wisconsin/Illinois Buckskin, Dun and Grulla Promoters Horse Club hold a Labor Day Open Horse Show on September 2 in Elkhorn, Wisconsin, at the Walworth County Fairgrounds.
Please note: Thank you for reading and for sharing the link to this article with others. Feel free to +1, Digg, Facebook, Pin, Stumble, Tweet, or otherwise pass the http link along. However, this content is copyrighted, so the actual article (or images) may not be copied and reposted on blogs, social networking sites, websites, or elsewhere.
Readers: You are invited to subscribe (confidentially and free) to receive e-mail updates whenever this columnist publishes a new article. Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer’s fan page.
Equestrian event managers and hosts: Do you have upcoming shows, clinics, or other highlights to share? Email the Madison Equestrian Examiner with flyers and details.
Writers: Want to learn how you can join Examiner as a columnist in your choice of cities and topics? Email me for details.