Looking for a variety of fish menu items on Maui? Kimo’s Restaurant on the west side of the island is well-known for having some of the most delicious and creative fish dishes.
From mahi mahi, to opah, to fresh-caught tuna, Kimo’s has a large daily selection of fresh, locally-caught fish. There’s a listing of the Daily Catch as you enter the restaurant.
The lunch menu (11 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.) features fish tacos, hand-ground burgers, fish-n-chips, seared ahi salads, coconut shrimp, and macadamia-crusted calamari. The dinner menu includes items like prime rib, filet mignon, seafood cioppino, and of course, some of the freshest fish on Maui.
Choices for fish preparation include baked “Kimo’s Style”, citrus herb grilled, coconut crusted, and lobster topped, to name a just a few. Ask your server for recommendations and the list of fish, along with how each fish tastes a bit different.
Kimo’s is moderately priced, has a children’s menu, and offers live entertainment several nights a week. For a great meal with incredible ocean and sunset views, Kimo’s restaurant in Lahaina offers it all.
845 Front Street
Lahaina, HI 96761
- Call for reservations. In high-season (Jan. – April) it might be difficult to get into Kimo’s without a reservation.
- Kimo’s has one of the best ocean and sunset views for a restaurant on Front Street. Ask for a table as close to the water as possible.
- Parking is more abundant on Lahainaluna Road off Hwy. 30. There’s paid parking on your right as you approach Front Street.
- Enjoy Lahaina’s art galleries, souvenir shops, and jewelry stores before or after your meal at Kimo’s.
- Lahaina has several museums and the famous Banyan Tree several blocks from Kimo’s. Plan to spend some time exploring the old whaling town of Lahaina during your stay on Maui.
- Kimo’s is famous for their Hula Pie dessert. Yes, as you may have heard, it’s easily enough for 2-4 people and is worth the price and experience. Make sure you have your camera with you, too!
- Nearby is Hawaii Fudge Company with outstanding fudge and the island’s best salt water taffy with all the Hawaii Flavors.
Kimo’s Restaurant is located on the west side of Maui. Take Hwy. 30 to the historic town of Lahaina. At the intersection of Hyw. 30 and Lahainaluna Road, turn toward the ocean and Front Street. There is plenty of hourly parking lots after you go through a stop sign at Waine’e Street. Kimo’s Restaurant is ocean-side to your right on Front Street, just down from Cheeseburger in Paradise.
There is free parallel parking along Front Street, but it’s difficult to find an open spot. Try paid parking lots on both Lahainaluna Street and Papalaua Street. There’s a large parking lot at the Outlets of Maui shopping complex off Papalaua just across from the McDonald’s location.
View over 1,200 unbaised Tripadvisor reviews to learn more about Kimo’s.
Yelp! reviews also give you insight into what others think of Kimo’s Restaurant.
Travel, Top 10 Lists, Polls Only & Homemade Food!
The Hawaiian island of Maui is an incredible island to visit, and Waikiki is one of the most famous beaches. Also, Honolulu airport is the “gateway” to Bangkok, one of the most visited cities in the world.
Lists & Polls Of Everything! Look at Top 10 Lists and also voice your opinion at Polls Only.
Love Delicious Homemade Food? Check-out the “Homemade Gurus” at Homemade Pizza and Homemade Mexican food. They have delicious recipes.
Top 10 Maui Restaurants.
- Mama’s Fish House is one of the most well-known restaurants on Maui.
- In Lahaina Town, try Lahaina Grill. It’s one of the best restaurants on Maui.
- Merriman’s Hawaiian Restaurant in Kapalua has won many awards for outstanding food.
- The Pineapple Grill in Kapalua is a popular, upscale restaurant popular with locals and tourists alike.
- On the west side of Maui, try Star Noodle. It’s one of the most popular restaurants on the island.
- The Plantation House in Kapalua offers an excellent fine dining experience.
- Sarento’s On The Beach in the Kihei area of Maui is always recognized for outstanding food and service.
- Hali’ imaile General Store has pleased customers since opening in 1988 with its upcountry location.
- Japengo At The Maui Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa is a recent addition to the Top 10 Restaurants on Maui.
- Roy’s in Ka’anapali has consistently been one of the top restaurants on Maui, Hawaii.
Maui’s Top Attractions.
- Haleakala National Park lets you visit one of the most rare sights in the world at over 32,000 feet.
- The Road To Hana takes a full day but is one of the most famous drives in the world.
- One of the wettest and most beautiful valleys on all the Hawaiian islands is at Iao Valley.
- Visit 7 Sacred Pools (Ohe’o Gulch) past Hana on the far windward side of Maui.
- A “must-see” beach is Big Beach at Makena State Park on the southwest side of Maui, Hawaii.
- Lahaina Town & Banyan Tree on the west side of Maui is a historic whaling town with much to see.
- Stroll through gardens with over 45 varieties of lavender at the Ali’i Kula Lavender Farm.
- One of Maui’s top-rated family attractions in the Maui Ocean Center.
- Maui Tropical Plantation offers rides through a tropical plantation and has a fun zipline.
- The Sugar Museum is located on Hawaii’s largest working sugar factory.
- Tedeschi Winery produces wine from Maui-grown grapes at the Ulupalakua Ranch.
- Surfing Goat Dairy has world-class cheese made upcountry in a unique setting.
Maui’s Top Activities.
- See a unique perspective of Maui with a zipline adventure with Piiholo Ranch Adventures and Skyline Eco Adventures.
- See Molokini or the remote stretches of the Kanaio Coast with Red Line Rafting.
- Atlantis Submarines offers you the only underwater tour adventure on Maui that the whole family can enjoy.
- To rent snorkel equipment on Maui, go to Snorkel Bob’s or Boss Frog’s.
- Want to see another Hawaiian island? Go with Expeditions to the island of Lanai.
- There’s nothing like seeing Maui from a helicopter and Blue Hawaiian may be the best of Maui.
- Looking to jet ski? Jet Ski Maui is a seasonal activity but is a lot of fun even for beginners.
- Sunset dining on Maui gives you an unforgettable experience, and the Maui Princess is the boat to be on.
- Want to parasail while on Maui? UFO Parasail on Kaanapali Beach has been doing it longer than anyone.
- Bike down the Haleakala volcano for an amazing experience with Haleakala Bike Company.
- Trilogy offers one of the best excursions on Maui with several different daily tours.
- Enjoy The Road To Hana in a luxury vehicle with The Maui Touring Company.
- Go with the whale experts at Pacific Whale Foundation. They offer a wide variety of daily excursions.
- Wanting to go horseback riding on Maui? Go with Pony Express Tours for the best experience.
- Go sportfishing out of Lahaina Harbor with Start Me Up.
- Captain Steve’s Rafting Adventures is the top dolphin and whale tour company on Maui.
- Warren and Annabelle’s magic show is one of the best entertainment values on Maui.
- For the best luau on Maui, go to the Old Lahaina Luau in Lahaina Town on the west side of Maui.
BONUS – Free Hula Shows!
At The Lahaina Cannery Mall on the west side of Maui, there are free hula shows. The Polynesian Dancers perform at 7 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday. The Keiki Hula Show (children performing) is at 1 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
Maui’s Best Luau!
While visiting Maui or any of the islands of Hawaii. a luau is a must. Learn a few things about a luau before you go, and here’s a list of popular luaus to consider:
- One of the most popular and highly-rated luaus is the Old Lahaina Luau on the west side of Maui.
- The Feast At Lele is an oceanfront luau at 505 Front Street in Lahaina Town.
- The best family luau is the Kaanapali Beach Luau.
- Staying in Wailea? Consider the Wailea Marriott Luau and The Grand Wailea Luau.