Friday’s murder in Duncan, Oklahoma, of 22-year-old baseball player Chris Lane, from Australia, allegedly by three black teenagers (new information now shows that one of the three suspects is white–St. Louis Gun Rights Examiner apologizes for the error) who chose to commit this heinous act because they were “bored,” would, one might think, provide the spark for an earnest discussion about racial violence in the United States. Some have noticed, though, that perennial race baiters Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have so far kept remarkably silent. That silence is particularly remarkable, given the high volume these two generated about the supposed racial motivation of George Zimmerman’s shooting of Trayvon Martin, despite the utter lack of evidence of Zimmerman’s notional “racism.”
Well, now, we might still have some waiting for a reaction from Sharpton, but Jesse Jackson has courageously stepped up to the plate and said what needs to be said (or at least tweeted what needs to be tweeted):
This senseless violence is frowned upon and the justice system must prevail.
Hmm . . . “frowned upon.” The violence is “frowned upon.” Wait a second . . . “frowned upon“? An innocent young man is brutally murdered, very evidently for the color of his skin, and Jackson thinks the appropriate response is an unhappy facial expression? He wanted Zimmerman convicted of a crime that could easily have resulted in lifetime imprisonment, and still wants him prosecuted under federal “hate crime” laws (and even bringing in the United Nations), and these young thugs are, in contrast, to be sentenced to the harsh justice of a judicial scowl?
At risk of running afoul of Godwin’s Law, one wonders what expression is indicated in response to the systematic murder of 6 million Jews.
Jackson and Sharpton are, of course, in addition to being professional race hustlers, also long-time, vocal advocates for every forcible citizen disarmament law ever proposed. As such, they often meet with the gun rights advocates’ reply of “Molon labe.” Perhaps Jackson will benefit from a bit of clarification, to better match his intellectual capacity: “Molon labe :-(.”
- Rush to judgment on George Zimmerman reminiscent of mob behavior
- Why are ‘racial justice’ advocates silent on other 17-year-old?
- Open letter to AG Holder: Investigate New Black Panthers for criminal conspiracy
- Is call to investigate New Black Panthers doomed from the start?
- Race war would benefit ‘gun control’ advocates
- Racial profiling fine for Bloomberg, indicates murderous intent for Zimmerman
- “Justice for Trayvon”? So, it is fair to ask, where’s Al Sharpton on these atrocities?
- Sharpton, Paging Rev. Sharpton…
- Northwest reacting to Oklahoma murder
- More “Justice for Trayvon.” Again I ask: Where’s Al Sharpton on this one?