Ford raised the ante on the 2014 pickup truck competition as they announced the addition of the new Ford F-150 STX SuperCrew and STX Sport Package to its lineup on Aug. 28.
Ford has positioned the new 2014 F-150 STX SuperCrew between the work-ready XL and popular XLT models and says that meets the needs of first-time and returning value-conscious pickup truck customers, especially those who need to transport a crew to a job site or take the family on a trip.
Ford, America’s truck leader, has already added the new 2014 Ford F-150 Tremor for street truck enthusiasts to its lineup and now adds the 2014 Ford F-150 STX SuperCrew and STX Sport Package to maintain their leadership by keeping the pressure on the competition who are also bringing new or upgraded trucks to market in 2014.
“With the rapidly expanding full-size pickup market continuing to benefit from economic growth and replacement demand, price-conscious buyers are returning looking for an affordable truck with space, capability and style,” said Doug Scott, Ford truck group marketing manager. “Adding the Ford F-150 STX SuperCrew and the new STX Sport Package to our 2014 lineup gives these truck shoppers more value-oriented F-150 models to consider.”
Ford says offering entry-level and value-oriented truck customers capable, roomy and stylish new options the new STX goes further with upgraded exterior and interior features beyond what’s usually available for entry-level crew cab pickups.
• Body-color front bumper fascia, grille surrounds, and front and rear step bumpers
• Power Equipment Group, which includes power door locks, integrated keyhead transmitter remotes, power one- touch up/down windows and sideview mirrors, Illuminated Entry System and perimeter alarm
• 17-inch machined aluminum wheels
• Audio input jack
• Cruise control
• Customer information display
• MyKey , a programmable feature that allows fleet owners and parents to limit top speed and audio volume, and set speed-alert chimes to encourage safer driving
• Outside temperature display
• Front-row 40/20/40 premium cloth bench seat
• Driver manual lumbar adjust
• Air conditioning
• AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control
• Tilt steering wheel
• AM/FM stereo with single CD player
The 2014 Ford F-150 STX comes standard with a 302-horsepower, 278-lb.-ft. of torque 3.7-liter V-6 engine, delivering an EPA-estimated 17 mpg city and 23 mpg highway.
A 5.0-liter V-8 rated at 360 horsepower and 380 lb.-ft. of torque is also available, enabling STX SuperCrew to tow up to 9,500 pounds when properly equipped.
For buyers looking for extra style and personalization, the new STX Sport Package, available in all cab configurations, strengthens vehicle appearance with specific custom-inspired details.
The new STX Sport Package adds:
• 20-inch machined aluminum painted wheels with P275/55R20 tires
• Black billet grille with body-color surround
• Black tubular running boards
• Black and Gray Piston cloth front seats (40/console/40 on SuperCab and SuperCrew, 40/20/40 on Regular Cab)
• Color-coordinated carpet
• Unique box decals
The Ford announcement says they are offering this new configuration at a time when truck sales continue to be a bright spot in the economy. Sales of full-size pickups through July are up 23 percent, compared to an industry that is up 8 percent, making it the fastest growth segment this year. Through July, 427,935 Ford F-Series pickups have been sold.
The 2014 Ford F-150 STX model lineup starts under $30,000.
Manufacturer’s suggested retail price for STX SuperCrew starts at $33,145 for the 4×2 version with 3.7-liter V6 and $37,570 for the 4×4 with 5.0-liter V8.
According to Ford, current available discounts will reduce the final price of the STX Sport Package, and F-150 Equipment Group 201A featuring the Trailer Tow Package, SYNC voice-activated controls and SiriusXM Satellite Radio, to $980 with delivery destination charges of $1,095.
With the strength of the current lineup plus the addition of the STX SuperCrew, STX Sports Package and the Tremor – plus being the first manufacturer to add CNG fueled capability to a light duty pickup, Ford is well positioned to meet the competition head up for 2014.