Small changes can result in big results. This is a motto I have helped people believe in and see the real possibilities by making a few small adjustments to their daily routines. Healthier people have healthier sex lives, live longer and tend to happier. Here are five simple things you can do to be healthier this week.
Five Simple Steps:
- Wake to Water. Starting tomorrow, drink one large glass of water within ten minutes of waking up. Hydration is key to metabolism, glowing skin and a well functioning brain. The amount of good that happens from this simple zero calorie addition to your daily routine is amazing.
- Mirror, Mirror. Positive mantras help change the brain waves as well as change the way you think. Research shows us that every thought and emotion provides an effect on cholesterol levels, blood pressure, and even brain function. Starting your day with a positive mantra or writing a positive thought in a journal can change the way your day unfolds. Even sharing a positive thought on social media can make a bigger impact on the universe.
- Big Breakfast Break. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. We’ve heard this before! But a new study showed two groups eating 1400 calories a day for weight loss losing weight over three months. However, the group that ate 700 calories for breakfast, 400 calories at lunch and a 300 calorie dinner lost on the average 10 pounds more than the group that ate this in reverse, 300 calorie breakfast, 400 calorie lunch and 700 calorie dinner. Other good reasons include that people who eat a healthy breakfast are less likely to snack throughout the day and do better on test scores. And don’t be afraid to bring on the bacon- 2 slices provide 9 grams of protein and only 80 calories – same as one hard boiled egg.
- Power up Protein. Protein helps stabilize blood sugar as well as rebuild cells, improve your immune system which means you won’t be as hungry when you combine it will any meal. What most people don’t realize is that women need on the average 80 grams of protein and men 100 grams. Most people are not getting these numbers… are you?
- Ten Minute Matters. Even ten minutes of moderate exercise can help reduce the risk of the top three diseases including: heart disease, Type 2 Diabetes, and most cancers. Exercising daily in three ten-minute sessions can result in the minimum 150 minutes of exercise that the American College of Sports Medicine recommends for better health and longer life. Walking before or after each meal can help you get those exercise sessions in without much planning or equipment. Just take a walk!
These are small simple things you can do to improve your health? You’re worth making the changes that can give you a longer, healthier, happier life!- Aren’t you?
Andrea Metcalf is a healthy lifestyle spokesperson and one of America’s top fitness experts. She helps inspire change in hundreds of people’s lives everyday and is author of “Naked Fitness, a 28 Day Proven Weight Loss Program for a Slimmer, Fitter, Pain-free Body” and more than a dozen fitness DVD’s. As seen on national television including the NBC Today Show, Better TV and GMA Health, Andrea shares her tips and advice to get people moving. www.AndreaMetcalf.com