After a year of trying almost every BB cream on the market, I was happy to find, to my surprise, that Dr. Lewinn by Kinerase Instant Perfecting B.B. Cream Sunscreen is absolutely worth your time and money. At 1.7oz this product will go literally miles without breaking your bank.
To date my 1.7oz, used daily has lasted over 1 month, with the purchase price of around $10 due to a sale at Walgreens. It will normally run about $18.99 at Walgreens (unless they are having a sale) and Walmart around $15.97.
Do not purchase from Sears, as I saw they began carrying it and it’s going for over/around $20+ there. Save your money, when not on sale at Walgreens, swallow your hatred of Walmart (should you have any) purchase from Walmart, they will ship it to you in the state of CA.
To make certain how I felt about this product I decided to use it for an entire month, before I reviewed it, to see how it worked with the ever changing of the hormones, aka what almost every female goes through on a monthly basis, crazy California weather, exercising, my ever changing lifestyle, and changing skin due to all of the conditions listed above, and more. Including a night, or two of adult beverages, and not washing my face before sleep.
Here is what i found:
- If left on overnight, on a few occasions, it will not break you out, though I never recommend that you do this with ANY makeup.
- It works as an SPF and has enough coverage that the parts of your face that don’t need high amounts of correcting, will look totally natural, giving you the space to spot conceal the parts that do need extra love.
- It has some fancy ingredients that will probably help the other products you already use.
- There are limited colors, however it seems to blend into/onto your skin regardless of your actual pigmentation. I have read some reviews by ladies with darker complexions who were, at first, leery of trying this due to the limited color range. They report that it will blend into your skin and work. So, if that doesn’t end up being accurate, blame them, not me.
- It isn’t moisturizing enough to use alone without a moisturizer under it, unless in a pinch, like running out of time and have to get your child to school, early morning errands on no time, etc.
- I recommend using your regular moisturizer and whatever treatments you use under it, then setting it with powder. Right now I use Dr. Haushka’s loose powder but i’m sure your HG (holy grail) powder will work as well.
- It doesn’t clog pores.
- It is a great formula to use while exercising.
- It looks natural under all lighting types.
- Throughout the day it does NOT oxidize, instead it settles into an even more natural and soft looking finish.
- I can say, first had, after spending the summer in the sun, a huge NO NO, but I did it anyway, because I wanted to. I did get some melasma (darker patchy pigmentation of the skin often caused by the sun, pregnancy (mask of pregnancy), and birth control among other things, on my forehead. Mine was due to having way too much fun in the sun after 20+ years of being a proverbial vampire and finding out I was severely Vitamin D deficient. That being said, it was worth it.) But I digress, after using this daily, for a month, along with my retinoids at night both Retin-A and Differin respectively, that my sun caused melasma has gone away. I am rejoicing!!!!
- This works for all skin types including dry, sensitive, combo, and oily skin just use your brain. For drier skin types use your daily cream moisturizer under it. For oily skin types use your lightweight moisturizer under it. Etc. etc. common sense here lovelies <3
- While it does have some scent, it is not heavily perfumes, a plus for sensitive skin.
I am very happy to report another slam dunk from the company Dr. Lewinn by Kinerase in their Instant Perfecting B.B. cream, as I also loved the HydraBalance Foaming Cleanser as well, see that review here: http://ventwing.com/review/dr-lewinn-by-kinerase-hydrabalance-foamin…
If you are looking for a daily spf BB cream you should absolutely, hands down, give Dr. Lewinn by Kinerase Instant Perfecting B.B. cream a try. Sold at both Walgreens $18.99 (unless they are having a sale but it looks like that sale is gone) and Walmart around $15.97. Thank you Kinerase for bringing us a drugs store product line that is both affordable, and works.
For more articles click here: http://ventwing.com/beauty-in-los-angeles/dana-davidson
All content from this contributor is original, unless otherwise stated, as in press-releases, therefor under copywrite and not for use in other media, or other websites, without the prior consent of Dana Davidson.