People are victimized every day by crime, and hindsight is always 20/20. Making sure you lock your doors is great for securing your home, however, most criminals may enter homes by jamming the door locks or breaking windows. If that occurs, who is watching your family and assets when you are away from home, shopping, at work or on a family vacation?
In 2010, there were more than two million home burglaries in the United States. Over 70 percent of those took place in residential homes, reports the Federal Bureau of Investigations. Furthermore, the victims of these burglaries claimed an estimated $4.6 billion in lost property, and the average dollar value lost per burglary was $2,119.
Five reasons why home security is more than a necessity:
1. Deter potential crime – Prevention is the key to dealing with any traumatic situations. Many criminals do not even attempt to break into homes that they can see are secure. Easy targets make better business for them.
2. Control your home remotely while away – If you ever wondered if your young children or your disable mother is alright at home while you are way for long hours at work, you don’t have to. There are many options for you to be able to monitor them wherever you are with a simple internet connection. In this case, you can really buy peace of mind.
3. Detect smoke, fire and carbon monoxide – Many homes have burned down due to faulty fire alarms or ones with dead batteries. There have also been many cases of residents who had to be sent to hospitals because of carbon monoxide poisoning, of which of course, they were not aware until it was too late.
4. Protect your family and assets – Is saving a few dollars worth the loss of your precious and priceless valuables? Think about the aftermaths that victims have to experience, only to realize too late that they should have invested in a very affordable system that could have prevented much needless heartache.
5. Qualify for discounts on your home insurance – Almost every insurance companies looks favorably upon homeowners and residents who value and take care of their security to prevent loss and thus, save them money. This allows the companies to pass the savings onto you.
Regardless of how apparent such facts may be, neglecting any small detail is usually what invites criminals into your home or office with very little resistance. Perpetrators, regardless of their specialties, always choose the path of least resistance to get their job done, which is to rob you. Nothing beats prevention before a crime is even attempted by showing them your property is secure. If by chance they do get in, all losses should be minimized while surveillance information collected should help catch the fleeing perpetrators.
Security companies like ADT can help you secure your priceless valuable so you don’t have to worry. Do not leave your business and office’s safety to chance and do everything you can to give yourself added peace of mind. Please click here if you would like to find out more about ADT and its services.