Thinking of taking a one-day trip to Oahu from Maui and seeing the famous Waikiki Beach? Looking to visit another island while staying on Maui?
Without much trouble, you can easily fly from Kahului (OGG) airport on Maui to Honolulu (HNL) on Oahu for a quick day trip to the beaches and shopping venues in Waikiki.
There are four airlines that fly between Maui and Oahu, with flights between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m.:
- Hawaiian Airlines is the largest and most popular airline with the most daily flights.
- Go Airline is one of the cheapest tickets but with limited flights.
- Mokulele Airlines is Hawaii’s #1 Island Hopper.
- Island Air has daily flight between the two islands for $160.00
Round-trip tickets range from $150.00 to $175.00 per person, with discounts and off-season specials sometimes available.
- Don’t rent a car, just take the bus into Waikiki Beach. A taxi can cost you up to $100.00, but the bus is just as fast and is only $1 per person.
- Parking is limited and expensive in the Waikiki area, so it’s best to take a taxi or the bus to the beaches and shopping areas.
- There’s plenty of activities to do in Waikiki, like the Honolulu Zoo and the International Marketplace.
- Make sure you walk through the famous “Pink Palace” – The Royal Hawaiian hotel. It’s a Waikiki Beach landmark and icon of class and luxury.
- Sit in the rocking chairs on the front balcony of the Westin Moana Surfrider and enjoy some of the best people watching in Waikiki Beach.
- Hawaiian Airlines has an early morning flight at 6 a.m. to Oahu, which lets you enjoy the full day in the Waikiki Beach area, when you take a late 9 p.m. flight back to Maui.
- Parking at the Kahului Airport on Maui is not expensive, but you can take the Maui Transportation System bus to the airport for only $2 per person.
Travel, Top 10 Lists, Polls Only & Homemade Food!
The Hawaiian island of Maui is an incredible island to visit, and Waikiki is one of the most famous beaches. Also, Honolulu airport is the “gateway” to Bangkok, one of the most visited cities in the world.
Lists & Polls Of Everything! Look at Top 10 Lists and also voice your opinion at Polls Only.
Love Delicious Homemade Food? Check-out the “Homemade Gurus” at Homemade Pizza and Homemade Mexican food. They have delicious recipes.
Top 10 Maui Restaurants.
- Mama’s Fish House is one of the most well-known restaurants on Maui.
- In Lahaina Town, try Lahaina Grill. It’s one of the best restaurants on Maui.
- Merriman’s Hawaiian Restaurant in Kapalua has won many awards for outstanding food.
- The Pineapple Grill in Kapalua is a popular, upscale restaurant popular with locals and tourists alike.
- On the west side of Maui, try Star Noodle. It’s one of the most popular restaurants on the island.
- The Plantation House in Kapalua offers an excellent fine dining experience.
- Sarento’s On The Beach in the Kihei area of Maui is always recognized for outstanding food and service.
- Hali’ imaile General Store has pleased customers since opening in 1988 with its upcountry location.
- Japengo At The Maui Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa is a recent addition to the Top 10 Restaurants on Maui.
- Roy’s in Ka’anapali has consistently been one of the top restaurants on Maui, Hawaii.
Maui’s Top Attractions.
- Haleakala National Park lets you visit one of the most rare sights in the world at over 32,000 feet.
- The Road To Hana takes a full day but is one of the most famous drives in the world.
- One of the wettest and most beautiful valleys on all the Hawaiian islands is at Iao Valley.
- Visit 7 Sacred Pools (Ohe’o Gulch) past Hana on the far windward side of Maui.
- A “must-see” beach is Big Beach at Makena State Park on the southwest side of Maui, Hawaii.
- Lahaina Town & Banyan Tree on the west side of Maui is a historic whaling town with much to see.
- Stroll through gardens with over 45 varieties of lavender at the Ali’i Kula Lavender Farm.
- One of Maui’s top-rated family attractions in the Maui Ocean Center.
- Maui Tropical Plantation offers rides through a tropical plantation and has a fun zipline.
- The Sugar Museum is located on Hawaii’s largest working sugar factory.
- Tedeschi Winery produces wine from Maui-grown grapes at the Ulupalakua Ranch.
- Surfing Goat Dairy has world-class cheese made upcountry in a unique setting.
Maui’s Top Activities.
- See a unique perspective of Maui with a zipline adventure with Piiholo Ranch Adventures and Skyline Eco Adventures.
- See Molokini or the remote stretches of the Kanaio Coast with Red Line Rafting.
- Atlantis Submarines offers you the only underwater tour adventure on Maui that the whole family can enjoy.
- To rent snorkel equipment on Maui, go to Snorkel Bob’s or Boss Frog’s.
- Want to see another Hawaiian island? Go with Expeditions to the island of Lanai.
- There’s nothing like seeing Maui from a helicopter and Blue Hawaiian may be the best of Maui.
- Looking to jet ski? Jet Ski Maui is a seasonal activity but is a lot of fun even for beginners.
- Sunset dining on Maui gives you an unforgettable experience, and the Maui Princess is the boat to be on.
- Want to parasail while on Maui? UFO Parasail on Kaanapali Beach has been doing it longer than anyone.
- Bike down the Haleakala volcano for an amazing experience with Haleakala Bike Company.
- Trilogy offers one of the best excursions on Maui with several different daily tours.
- Enjoy The Road To Hana in a luxury vehicle with The Maui Touring Company.
- Go with the whale experts at Pacific Whale Foundation. They offer a wide variety of daily excursions.
- Wanting to go horseback riding on Maui? Go with Pony Express Tours for the best experience.
- Go sportfishing out of Lahaina Harbor with Start Me Up.
- Captain Steve’s Rafting Adventures is the top dolphin and whale tour company on Maui.
- Warren and Annabelle’s magic show is one of the best entertainment values on Maui.
- For the best luau on Maui, go to the Old Lahaina Luau in Lahaina Town on the west side of Maui.
BONUS – Free Hula Shows!
At The Lahaina Cannery Mall on the west side of Maui, there are free hula shows. The Polynesian Dancers perform at 7 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday. The Keiki Hula Show (children performing) is at 1 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
Maui’s Best Luau!
While visiting Maui or any of the islands of Hawaii. a luau is a must. Learn a few things about a luau before you go, and here’s a list of popular luaus to consider:
- One of the most popular and highly-rated luaus is the Old Lahaina Luau on the west side of Maui.
- The Feast At Lele is an oceanfront luau at 505 Front Street in Lahaina Town.
- The best family luau is the Kaanapali Beach Luau.
- Staying in Wailea? Consider the Wailea Marriott Luau and The Grand Wailea Luau.