Seafarers suffering from allergies will find relief in this announcement made today via press release by Los Angeles, California-based Crystal Cruises. The next time you sail with this luxury cruise operator you will have a choice of 70 hypoallergenic staterooms to choose from thanks to a partnership with PURE Marine Solutions.
Sister company of leading allergy-friendly hospitality innovator PURE Global, PMS employs a hypoallergenic process that delivers a safe and healthy environment. The transformation for sneeze-free accommodations is being done when the Crystal Serenity undergoes an extreme makeover next November, 2013 in 70 “AA” verandah rooms. The cabins will debut on November 27 and will be designated as “P1” and “P2” in April.
“Imagine returning to your room after a full day ashore in a bustling city like Rome or Bangkok, and then slipping into your purified sanctuary of ultra-clean air and hypoallergenic bedding,” says Jack Anderson, Crystal’s senior vice president, marketing & sales. “For guests who suffer from allergies, have mild respiratory issues such as asthma, or who simply desire a respite from the air quality in many cities, these staterooms will become a haven of fresh air – for no additional cost.”
The Pure Process (excerpted from the press release):
Phase 1: Disinfection
- Deep Clean Air-Handling Unit: Each room’s air handling systems (heat and air-conditioning), including fan blades, condensation lines, and drop pans, are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected using PURE’s advanced treatment, leading to a dramatically improved overall air quality in each room.
- PURE Clean: Every surface of the room, including furniture, curtains, and carpeting, is deep-cleaned and sanitized using special vacuums and a patented PURE cleaning solution that disintegrates bio films and maximizes removal of dirt and bacteria that traditional cleaners may leave behind.
- High Ozone Shock Treatment: An advanced shock treatment completely eliminates particles, viruses, germs, and odors from every inch of the room, resulting in a fresh, crisp environment.
Phase 2: Prevention and Maintenance
- PURE Shield. A patented bacteriostatic barrier is applied everywhere, from light switches and TV screens to countertops and artwork, repelling new microorganism growth for up to two years and making it nearly impossible for bacteria and viruses to survive in a PURE environment.
- PURE Tea Tree Oil Cartridge. A natural antimicrobial disinfectant, safe even for scent allergy sufferers, is strategically placed to maintain the room’s sanitized conditions
- . Air Purification System. A patented PURE air purifier is discretely installed inside the room, providing 24-hour defense against airborne irritants. Listed by the FDA as a Class II Medical Device, PURE’s state-of-the-art system is 150 times more efficient than HEPA and proven to eliminate 100% of organisms from the air as they pass through the purifier.
- Allergy-Friendly Bedding. Micro-fiber, mono-filament mattress and pillow encasements add an extra layer of allergen protection while sleeping.
Crystal says its housekeeping staff will be trained in any daily maintenance routines required and that every six months, PURE specialists will also re-service the rooms, ensuring spaces are kept to the highest of hygiene levels indefinitely.
- Relief from allergies and mild respiratory issues, including coughing, sneezing, sniffling, and watery eyes. (Crystal’s PURE particle-free reduction process exceeds asthma and allergy community recommendations.)
- More sound sleep, waking refreshed.
- Breathing of clean, crisp, ultra-fresh air, thereby enhancing the relaxation and recuperation that people expect from vacation.
- No chemicals, no lingering odors—PURE’s cleaning solutions are completely invisible to the eye, smell, and touch.
Bless you Crystal Cruises.