Jif® has whipped up some new fluffed up peanut butter spreads to flavor your morning toast or use as a dip for fresh fruits, crackers and pretzels. And, since August is National Sandwich Month, the new spreads and butters make perfect ingredients for a tempting and unique sandwich. The new butters come both creamy and crunchy made and are made with roasted almonds and cashews.
Two variations on peanut butter are new as well: Jif® Whips Whipped Creamy Peanut Butter and Whipped Peanut Butter & Chocolate Flavored Spread. A delicious snack for a dip is Jif’s
Honey Cinnamon Peanut Butter Dip
- 1 (15 oz.) container Jif® Whips Whipped Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pretzel sticks or pretzel crackers
- Vanilla wafers
- Fresh fruit like sliced apples, orange segments, cantaloupe or chunks of pineapple, strawberries or bananas cut into bite-sized pieces
Fold peanut butter, honey and cinnamon together just until blended. Place into serving bowl. Arrange pretzels, cookies and fresh fruit on serving platter. Serve with dip.
Jif® Almond Butter makes an excellent base for a beef stir-fry combined with Ponzu sauce and a touch of sesame oil. Use three tablespoons Almond Butter to four tablespoons Ponzu sauce, a touch of sesame oil and olive oil to quick stir the beef. Add vegetables of choice leaving half to serve over the stir-fry; otherwise the color becomes rather mucky (See photo in slide show, which shows why you need vibrant color). Serve with white rice such as Jasmine.
For a breakfast treat to surprise your family, try Jif’s
Nutty Cheddar Apple Bacon Breakfast Sandwich
- 4 whole grain or multi-grain English muffins, split horizontally and toasted
- 1/2 cup Jif® Natural Peanut Butter Spread & Honey
- 4 slices deli-style sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 unpeeled small Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 8 strips bacon, cooked until almost crisp
- Ground cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spread 1 tablespoon peanut butter over each toasted English muffin half.
2. Top 4 muffin halves each with 1 slice cheese, several apple slices and 2 bacon strips. Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired. Top with remaining muffin halves to form sandwiches. Place on baking sheet. Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese begins to melt.
Enjoy this article? To receive up to date food and restaurant news, please enter your e-mail address above and visit Shore Region Restaurant Examiner and TastefulLiving.net.