A very exciting film project is set to begin filming, this fall, in the Monroe area. The film, “Lake Eerie” tells the story of a young widow, who moves into an old house on Lake Erie, to recover from the sudden loss of her husband. However, she soon discovers a dark secret and that she is not alone. Watch the promo trailer, at left.
The film, produced by Savage Beast films and the producing/directing/writing team of Chris and Meredith Majors, looks like it’s shaping up to be a very interesting production. The movie is being filmed in an old lake house that is actually said to be haunted! The house was built in 1918, and still has all of the original furniture from the 1920’s.
Cast opportunities are still available. The Michigan Film Office has the following casting call listing:
Casting Call “Lake Eerie” Feature Film. Shooting in La Salle, MI for 21 days starting September 23rd 2013. Looking for local hires. (Union and Non Union Actors considered. Ultra Low Budget.) Please send headshot, resume, and links to reel/ website if you have one to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Eliza: Female, 70’s, Caucasian, cackle laugh, mysterious and intriguing. Comedic timing a plus.
- Kate’s Father: Male, 60’s, Caucasian, farmer from Iowa, stern, but very loving.
- Little Girl: Female, 5-8, any ethnicity, precocious, smart, with great facial expressions.
- Jack Hammer: Male, any ethnicity, 20s-40s Joker-like character, haunting expressions, skinny, lanky, great cackle laugh. Body movements and coordination a plus. Must be okay in special fx makeup and possible contacts.
- The Countess: Female, 20s-30s, any ethnicity, Voluptuous, Sexy, Sinister, Hauntingly Beautiful, embodies lust and evil. Must be okay in special fx makeup and possible contacts.
- 5 Guardians: Males, any ethnicity, 20s-50s, unique faces, 6 ft and shorter, all body types, must be good with facial expressions and body movements. No dialogue. Must be okay in special fx makeup and possible contacts.
- John: Male, 20s-30s, Caucasian, handsome, city boy, must be able to switch gears to evil/possessed from kind/loving. Must be okay in special fx makeup and possible contacts.
- Electrician: Male, 40s-50s, Any Ethnicity, Comical, Rude, and impatient. Comedic timing a plus.
- Mover #1: Male, 40s-60s, Any Ethnicity, Kind, Professional, and good facial expressions.
- Mover #2: Male, 20s-30s, Any Ethnicity, Punk, Sarcastic, Impatient, and good with facial expressions.
For more information, visit:
Michigan Film Office
Lake Eerie Movie Official Website
Follow Lake Eerie Movie on Facebook
Detroit Film Industry Examiner on Facebook