Mark Lewisohn announced Sept. 25 that the publishers’ website for the first volume of his Beatles biography trilogy “All These Years: Tune In,” has gone live.The website includes the extracts of the book that have run in the Daily and Sunday UK Telegraph, plus the Telegraph’s interview with Lewisohn. He said he’ll have his own website coming soon.
The author has also announced an upcoming book tour that will take him to several stops in the U.S., in addition to the UK.
As currently scheduled, the tour begins in the UK with a Q&A with British writer, broadcast and editor David Hepworth Oct. 9 at the Old Queens Head in London. He’ll appear in Liverpool the following day at Waterstones Liverpool One. Two days later, he’ll appear with veteran DJ Anne Robinson at Sky Arts Garden Theatre in Cheltenham. On Oct. 13, he’ll be in Chester Town Hall in Chester.
His first currently scheduled appearances in the U.S. will be three days at the Paley Center in New York. On Oct. 23, he’ll be on a panel with photographer Henry Grossman, filmmaker Albert Maysles and John McEwen. Oct. 24, it’ll be with Beatles book author and New York Times music writer Allan Kozinn, Beatles recording engineer Ken Scott and musiclogist Walter Everett (“The Beatles as Musicians”). On Oct. 25, he’ll appear with Kozinn and Maysles. He’ll also also two appearances at Bloomingdale’s in New York Oct. 25 and 26.
He’ll head out to California for two appearances at the Paley Center in Los Angeles. On Oct. 28, he’ll appear with Brian Kehew and Kevin Ryan, the authors of “Recording the Beatles,” Peter Asher of Peter & Gordon and Grammy winning recording engineer John Kurlander (““Fellowship of The Ring”, “The Two Towers,” “Return Of The King”). On Oct. 30, he’ll appear there with authors Bruce Spizer and Frank Daniels, co-authors of “The Beatles For Sale on Parlophone Records,” and “Breakfast With the Beatles” host Chris Carter.
He’ll do promotional appearances at Bloomingdale’s in Sherman Oaks Oct. 27, and Century City Oct. 28. He’ll also sign books at a Q&A Nov. 1 at Bloomingdale’s in San Francisco.
In an email, he said other events may be added.
In the first full review of the mass-market version of the book by the Financial Times, Peter Aspden calls it “the classiest of prequels.” The book comes out Oct. 10 in the UK and Oct. 29 in the U.S. The Extended Special Edition with 1,728 pages comes out in the UK Nov. 14.
Here are the details of Lewisohn’s current schedule of personal appearances he has announced:
- Q&A with David Hepworth , and book signing, October 9 at 8:00pm in UTC+01, The Old Queens Head, 44 Essex Road, London N1 8LN
- Q&A with Roy Boulter, and book signing, October 10 at 7:00pm in UTC+01, Waterstones Liverpool One in Liverpool.
- Q&A with Anne Robinson and Alan Johnson, and book signing, October 12 at 8:45pm in UTC+01, Sky Arts Garden Theatre, Cheltenham.
- Q&A with David Freeman, and book signing, Oct. 13 at 4:00pm in UTC+01, Chester Town Hall in Chester, Cheshire.
- Q&A with Dave Ravenscroft, and book signing, Oct. 20 at 10 a.m. in UTC+01, Doubletree by Hilton – London West End in London, United Kingdom.
- The Beatles on Film. An evening with Mark Lewisohn with Henry Grossman, Albert Maysles and John McEwen, October 23 at 6:30pm in EDT, The Paley Center for Media in New York in New York, New York
- The Beatles’ Music & Legacy. An evening with Mark Lewisohn with Allan Kozinn, Walter Everett and Ken Scott, Oct. 24 at 6:30 p.m., The Paley Center for Media in New York in New York, New York
- The Beatles Meet America: An Evening with Beatles Historian Mark Lewisohn with Allan Kozinn (New York Times) and filmmaker Albert Maysles, Oct. 25, The Paley Center for Media in New York.
- Q&A with Mark Lewisohn, and book signing, Oct. 25, Bloomingdale’s NY 59th St in New York, New York
- Q&A with Mark Lewisohn, and book signing, Oct. 27, Bloomingdale’s Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, California.
- Q&A with Mark Lewisohn, and book signing, Oct. 27, Bloomingdale’s Century City, Los Angeles, California.
- Recording The Beatles: An evening with Mark Lewisohn with John Kurlander, Peter Asher, Brian Kehew and Kevin Ryan, Oct. 28 at 6:30 p.m., The Paley Center for Media in Los Angeles in Beverly Hills, California
- Collecting The Beatles. An evening with Beatles Historian Mark Lewisohn, Bruce Spizer, Chris Carter and Frank Daniels, October 30 at 6:30 p.m., The Paley Center for Media in Los Angeles in Beverly Hills, California
- Q&A with Mark Lewisohn, and book signing, Nov. 1 at 5 p.m., Bloomingdale’s San Francisco.
Be sure to subscribe for all the latest news about Mark Lewisohn’s book.
Book ordering options:
- U.S. mass market (shorter 960 pages) book version
- UK mass market version
- Canada mass market version
- Japan mass market version (UK import)
- Japan mass market version (U.S. import)
- U.S. mass market (U.S.) ebook version
- Canada mass market (Canada) ebook
- UK mass market shorter ebook
- Japan mass market (U.S.) ebook
- Japan mass market ebook (UK version)
- UK Extended Special Edition (1,728 pages)
- Japan Extended Special Edition from Amazon.co.jp
- UK Extended Special Edition ebook (part 1 only, only in UK at present)
- Japan Extended Special Edition ebook (part 1, UK import)
- Japan Extended Special Edition ebook (part 2, UK import)
We love to write about the Beatles. Don’t miss the best buzz about the Beatles in all our Beatles column pages at Beatles Examiner, Paul McCartney Examiner, George Harrison Examiner and Ringo Starr Examiner. Subscribe and you’ll get first word when we publish.
Copyright Stan. Please do not reprint in full on other sites without permission. Connect with us on Facebook and Pinterest. And don’t miss our weekly Beatles news podcast “Things We Said Today” available first on Fab4Radio.com on the weekends, then on iTunes and Podbean.com.