As you shop for your school wardrobe, don’t forget to get jewelry to complete your look. The right piece of jewelry can complement an outfit and is even sometimes critical to the entire look. Current back to school jewelry trends offer something for just about everyone. Best of all, you can easily find this type of fashion jewelry locally in West Michigan and most locations, as well as online.
Fall 2013 Jewelry Fashion Trends
The high fashion runways and the magazines are showing bold artsy designs and classic elegant ones that you can wear at school, out with your friends or for a hot date. The latest trends show a lot of rich color and mixed textures inspired by fashions around the world. Yellow gold is making a come-back after years of a preference for white gold. Ornate artistic arrangements for all types of accessories that make a statement are big. Yet, you can also find some classic simple pieces, like a gold tennis bracelet, that never go out of style.
Examples of Hot Fall Jewelry
Hot back to school jewelry trends are also inspired by the high fashion runways but with a bit more fun allowed. Here are the examples of back-to-school jewelry that are trendy:
- Mismatched earrings: Mix a dangle earring with a post, make a theme, or go for an artistic look.
- Chunky chain necklaces: Bold gold chains are in now so look for chains of all sizes, chains mixed with word pendants, or even two-color white and gold chain designs. Lanvin’s runway showcased chains of all sizes that go with jeans or a little black dress.
- Stacked rings: Stackable rings are still very hot. Pick large, colorful, multi-stoned stacking rings like the ones designed by Dior to be in fashion.
- Ornate necklaces: Statement necklaces are the trend. Bold, chunky necklaces with colorful stones, mixed media, and artistic designs are the ones to look for. Check out the necklaces by Emillio Pucci for inspiration and find copies to fit your school fashion budget.
- Animal-themed jewelry: Rings, bracelets, earrings and pendants in animal themes are a trend to follow. Fox rings, dog pendants, horse earrings and many more are available. Forever21 is a place to find some of these cute designs.
- Mustache jewelry: Mustache charms, pendants, studs and rings are still popular. You can even find mustache jewelry in themes like patriotic, floral or animal print.
- Signet rings: Signet rings with your initials are also making a comeback. These rings are more popular in yellow gold and gold tone jewelry.
- Cross necklaces: Classic cross pendants never truly go out of style, but current fashions are showing more style options.
- Rubber bracelets: Rubber wrist bands that make a statement for a cause or saying are still around. These are fun ways to express an idea for both guys and girls.
- Braided bead and hemp jewelry: Braided bead and hemp bracelets and necklaces are also popular with school fashion trends. You can also easily make this type of jewelry yourself for a fun craft project with friends.
Places to Buy Back-to-School Jewelry in Grand Rapids
Back to school fashion jewelry is often available at affordable and mid-range price levels. Of course, you can also buy fine jewelry in these designs. The Greater Grand Rapids area has options for buying back to school jewelry in both fine and fashion designs. The following Greater Grand Rapids area vendors sell fashion back to school fashion jewelry:
- Claire’s: The Claire’s at Woodland Mall and RiverTown Crossings has many affordable earrings and accessories in current school fashion trends. To learn more, call the Woodland Mall Claire’s at 616-949-2710 or the RiverTown Crossings store at 616-532-3045.
- Forever21: Forever21 features clothes and accessories in current school fashions. You can find earrings, pendants, bracelets and more in back to school trends. Contact the Woodland Mall Forever21 at 616-942-2212 for details.
- Aeropostale: Aeropostale sells many necklaces the follow hot Fall 2013 jewelry fashions. Call the Woodland Mall store at 616-975-1764 or the RiverTown Crossings store at 616-534-0761.
- Justice: Justice offers cute jewelry and accessories for young girls. This is a great place to find animal theme necklaces and theme jewelry to go with those trendy back to school outfits.
Have fun shopping and don’t be afraid to mix and match your jewelry to put together cute outfits this Fall!