Barack Obama may be steward of the most transparent administration in the history of the universe, but he doesn’t have to show you stinking visitors log, a court ruled today. From Judicial Watch:
[A] ruling of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia … found that U.S. Secret Service’s White House visitor logs for people visiting the president’s office are not subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act (Judicial Watch Inc. v. U.S. Secret Service (No. 11-5282)).
While the court ruling affords the president protection against prying eyes that might want to know the names of his guests, it doesn’t prevent inquiring minds from asking why he wouldn’t freely turn over this information. Unless of course he has something to hide.
Tom Fitton, president of Judicial Watch released this statement:
A president that doesn’t want Americans, under law, to know who his visitors are is a president who doesn’t want to be accountable. The appellate court decision punches another hole in the Freedom of Information Act, the law which allows Americans to know what their government is up to. We are strongly considering an appeal. The legal gymnastics in this unprecedented decision shows that President Obama is not only the one willing to rewrite laws without going through Congress. And this legal fight, in which President Obama is fighting tooth and nail against full disclosure under law of his White House visitors, further exposes his big lie that his administration is the most transparent in history. The silver lining is that at least the appellate court opened up the records of tens of thousands White House visits that Obama was trying to keep secret.
More as the story develops.
- ‘Shared Responsibility Payment’ is Obamaspeak — but it’s not new
- Obama: Transparency transhmarency
- Obama’s impeachable offenses
- OFA, Obama’s dark money group, resurrects ‘Truth Team’ to help expose ‘liars’
- Another ‘phony’ scandal: DOE blocks investigation of illegal hiring practices
- Eyes on the ball: Obama’s Magical Economy Tour has a purpose
- Obama’s MSM dominoes continue to topple over revelations of NSA spying
- Obama’s data mining a bridge too far for NYT
For more articles and headlines, be sure to check out Liberty Unyielding. Follow me on Twitter or join me at Facebook.