Today TVShowAuditions.info is is reporting that the hit FX Network Golden Globe Nominated horror-drama series American Horror Story is in production on it’s third season and the award winning casting team is holding ongoing auditions for recurring roles, guest stars, and day players. LA Acting Auditions Examiner Alan Baltes is getting the word out. Casting is taking place in both Los Angeles and New Orleans. The show’s format is anthology based, whereas the story, characters, and location for each season is different. The show’s extras are be cast throughout the season in New Orleans. After two seasons shooting in Los Angeles, the series moved to The Big Easy for it’s third season. Filming began in July 23, 2013 in New Orleans, LA and will continue through January, 2014. “American Horror Story: Coven” airs 10pm ET Wednesdays on FX.
Primetime Emmy Award winners Ryan Murphy and Dante Di Loreto are executive producing for Ryan Murphy Productions. Murphy’s good friend and co-creator of “American Horror Story”, four-time Primetime Emmy Award nominee Brad Falchuk, is also executive producer. Other notable television series and films produced by Ryan Murphy Productions include “Nip/Tuck,” “Glee,” “The New Normal”, and the recently completed feature film “The Town That Dreaded Sundown” starring Addison Timlin and the late Ed Lauter. This was Lauter’s final film before his passing on October 16, 2013.
Details about new casting calls for actors and extras can be found on the following casting post:
“American Horror Story” Casting Calls
ALL talent including minors and foreign actors/extras MUST and be legally eligible to work in the state of Louisiana and in the United States.
The 2013 Louisiana Actors Resource Guide eBook includes the following information and documents for adults, minors, and foreign talent who would like to work as an actor or extra on film and television productions in Louisiana and the United States:
• Louisiana Child Performer Law Information Sheet
• Louisiana Child Performer Trust Act Sheet
• Louisiana Minor Trust Deduction Guidelines
• Louisiana Minor Intention To Employ Form
• Louisiana Employment of Minors Informational Booklet
• Louisiana Film, TV, and Commercials Minor Labor Law Summary
In addition to the following Actors Resources:
• New Orleans Casting Directors List
• Baton Rouge Casting Directors List
• Shreveport Casting Directors List
• Louisiana Actors Unions and Resources
• General Talent Agent Information
• Louisiana Talent Agents List
• Louisiana Acting Classes and Schools List
• Summer Performing Arts Camps
• Headshot Photographers List
• Audition Tips
• How To Make an Audition Video
• Sample Actors Resume
• Sample Beginning Actors Resume
• Sample Cover Letters
• Entertainment Industry Terminology
• Miscellaneous Actors Resources
• USA Child Actor Work Permit Requirements
• USA Immigration Work Permit Information
• USA Non-Immigrant Visa Application
• PDF Users Guides
The 2013 Actors Resource Guide eBooks are available here.
To keep up-to-date on my articles, click the subscribe button on the link below, under the comments section. For additional entertainment industry news, visit LA Acting Auditions Examiner, follow me on Twitter, or “like” my Official Facebook Page!