A wine and food festival showcasing more than 400 international wines from 18 countries will be at the 9th annual Denver International Wine Festival, which starts November 6th at the Omni Interlocken Resort in Broomfield. The multi-day Festival brings several special events with stars from the world of food and wine as well as tastings and delicious food.
- The festival’s first event is The Grand Vintners Dinner (Wednesday, November 6 at 6 pm,) a multi-course winemakers dinner featuring a prominent wine producer or wine region. Tickets: $75 each
- The signature culinary event, Pairsine Chef’s Food and Wine Pairing Competition (Thursday, November 7 at 6 pm,) pairs Gold Medal winning wines from The 2013 Denver International Wine Competition with inventive cuisine prepared by some of America’s most creative chefs. This year, very special guest chef John Moeller, a member of the elite corps of chefs who have served in the White House, competes alongside nine top Colorado chefs.Tickets (include 20 wine and food pairing tastes): $100 each
- The Grand Tasting of International Wines and Food (Friday, November 8 at 6-9pm,) is the region’s largest wine tasting event for consumers, media and trade, with more than 60 wineries, breweries and distilleries pouring, including premium spirits, sake, and craft beer – even a Belgium Beer Garden with gourmet food samplings. Attendees enjoy delectable food and wine tastings, food products, wine accessories, and fine art.
- The Festival opens two hours early for VIP ticket holders, who also receive exclusive entrance to the VIP lounge with chef stations and rare beverages, and complimentary admission to educational seminars and guided tastings. Tickets: $95-$215 each
- VIP Tour of the Front Range Wineries (Saturday, November 9 from 10 am-4 pm) Christopher Davies, Editor in Chief of Wine Country International Magazine, leads a full-day tour, taking wine lovers behind the scenes of three of his favorite Colorado wineries, and a local micro-distillery. Tickets: $150 each
- Julia Child Tribute Champagne Luncheon (Sunday, November 10 at 12-2 pm) The DIWF welcomes Special Guest Host Madeleine de Jean, former Brand Ambassador for Château Mumm, and personal friend of Julia Child. De Jean will be leading an intimate Champagne Luncheon and Sabering Demonstration, featuring Julia Child’s “All-American Menu,” paired with selections from many of the great Champagne houses known throughout the world. Tickets: $100 each
The 2013 Denver International Wine Festival will donate a portion of ticket sales, and 100% of the proceeds of all silent and live auctions, to Share Our Strength a national nonprofit that is ending childhood hunger in America, by connecting children with the nutritious food they need to lead healthy, active lives.