If you have been hearing about GMO’s and want to know the basics about this issue, read on!
1. GMOs (or “genetically modified organisms) are plants or animals that have been genetically engineered with DNA from bacteria, viruses or other plants and animals.
2. These combinations of genes from different species cannot occur in nature or in traditional crossbreeding.
3. None of the GMOs currently on the market offer increased yield, drought tolerance, enhanced nutrition, or any other consumer benefit.
4. A growing body of evidence connects GMOs with health problems, environmental damage and violation of farmers’ and consumers’ rights.
5. the U.S., the government has approved GMOs based on studies conducted by the same corporations that created them and profit from their sale.
What to do next:
• Look for the Non GMO Label
• Visit http://www.nongmoproject.org to learn more
• Please feel free to research more on you own. Good stuff to know!
- Don’t forget to SHARE & SUBSCRIBE.
Hey! There is a comment sections below with your name on it. I love hearing from you!
Quote of the day:
“But look around at this world, how perfectly it’s made.
Flowers can’t move, yet the insects come to them and spread their pollen.
Trees can’t move either, but birds and animals eat their fruit and carry their seeds far and wide.”
― Nahoko Uehashi, Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit