Around 2007- 2008 I started connecting with a few of DC’s media personalities. Twitter was not a familiar name it is today so these people are early adopters.The DC region media is very active now on many social media channels and here is a list of media folks I have come across over these years:
- Jim Long (@newmediajim) Emmy Award winning video journalist and behind the camera personality and principal of Verge New Media. His stream is very global and from interesting places and with interesting personalities. I was honored to be on a panel with Jim Long for Social Fresh and we h)ad to do a live video panel due to #SNowmageddon
- David Statter (@STATter911) I met him actually through my work for my former employer Network Solutions when he wanted help and sought me out on Social Media and we still stay connected
- Cami McCormick (@cbsMcCormick) an award-winning radio journalist for CBS News who previously worked for CNN. She was injured in Afghanistan on August 28, 2009. We go way back when she interviewed me in Moscow for Radio Maximum – Moscow in the morning Chef’s Corner. We connected on Facebook and I have great respect and admiration for her. I love listening to her and also follow her social posts on Twitter and Facebook
- Jennifer Nyz-Conner (@WashBizJen) reporter/editor at the Washington Business Journal. She wrote an article about Twitter in 2008 which is relevant even today and coined the term Social Listener for me.
- Alex Orfinger (@WashBizAlex) Publisher of the Washington Business Journal has been a pioneer. I met him on Twitter first and then in real life.
- Tom Heath (@AddedValueTH) Washington Post Columnist and Business correspondent is also a pioneer and uses the medium as necessary
- Nancy Trejos (@nancyTrejos) Travel reporter for the USA TODAY
- Angie Goff (@OhMyGoff) She’s back as the morning anchor on NBC
- Nathan Hager (@NHagerWNEW) love to hear him on 99.1 WNEW
- Jack Diamond (@jackDiamond) Was a staple on my commute for over 15 years and miss the show a lot now
- Monika Samtani (@MonikaOn9) WUSA9 WUSA9-CBS morning news 4:30-8am! Founder of @LaunchNetworkDC
- Laura Evans (@lauraevansfox5) Fox 5 Consumer Reporter & Weekend Anchor,
- Rob Terry (@WashBizRob) Managing editor of the Washington Business Journal
- Greg Cohen (@GburgPatch) Editor of the Gaithersburg Patch
- Kim Hart (@khart) Former Washington Post and Politico Tech Reporter is now doing Corp. Communications at Neustar. Always admired her work.
There are other great notable media folks and this list is a list of people I know and I may have missed a few as well. Who do you follow ?